• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    It is a bad time to try to find a lever in about any caliber. I bought mine a few years ago and paid about half what some are going for now. Not to mention that used are hard to find. I have been looking for a friend that doesn't want to spend alot on a used one. The problem is most used rifles I have found are not much cheaper than new. I have seen a few for sale here and there but the price was around $450. That seemed a bit high for used when I have seen new for that price. Puma M92 seem to be the best price if you can find one. A very popular gun now that Indiana has alowed hunting with them. Good Luck.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I know that your thread sais used, but I just got a Marlin 1894 44mag brand new from Dicks last week and after the instore rebate it was only $475....For what it is worht.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    FWIW, if you're going to be hunting deer, hogs or other sizable game with it regularly I'd recommend looking for a .44 Mag.

Before the flames start, I have three different carbines in .357 and am quite aware that they're capable of taking either of those cleanly under ideal conditions. The trouble is, IME, that those seem to be the exception rather than the rule when I've gone hunting. IMO one's regular hunting weapon should be chosen with the ability to reliably deliver the goods on those less-than-ideal presentations in mind.

As has been said, LA carbines in about any legal caliber seem to be in very short supply right now. A lot is going to depend on your definition of the "right price". It's a seller's market so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for someone to offer you a nice one for a song. IIWY, and ran across a NIB Marlin M94 deal like Hondo's I'd be prepared to jump on it. On today's market it'd be tough to beat by much unless you happen across somebody who's in dire financial straits.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom