• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    currently i have a colt lightweight commander xse series 45 auto.good friend of mine offered me a glock 23 with 2 13 round mags,and a maadi AK LNIB with 1 30 round mag,has the after market folding retractable stock,front handgaurd has the acc rails for lights,lasers,etc........both guns are in really good shape.sound like a really good deal to me,,,,what do you fellow INGOERS think...be truthful
    COLT1911003.jpg
    please......

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It sounds pretty fair to me. Although I like my AK's to have wood furniture, that's just me. Did you consider that you will be taking on two new cal.'s to buy supplies for including new cleaning supplies possibly?
    To me Glocks are a 400.00 dollar pistol, and the Maadi AK about the same.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Nah, keep the Colt. The Colt is a nice piece of weapon, and the lightweights more so especially the Commander.

A G23 and Maadi can be picked up any day of the week and hold no, how should I put it, coolness factor to them IMHO.

The value of the trade is sound (depending on the condition of all weapons involved), but the intrinsic value of the Colt is higher in my mind. :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'd have to ask for $100-200 difference. The Colt is and always will be worth more than the two guns offered. JIMHO.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Nah, keep the Colt. The Colt is a nice piece of weapon, and the lightweights more so especially the Commander.

A G23 and Maadi can be picked up any day of the week and hold no, how should I put it, coolness factor to them IMHO.

The value of the trade is sound (depending on the condition of all weapons involved), but the intrinsic value of the Colt is higher in my mind. :D

I second this whole heartedly. Its fair monetarily.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    great advise guys.....just like i thought....i gotta keep my colt.if i did trade i would just do somethin stupid and trade 1 or both for stupid stuff and would be out the colt i have had for a long time.its a good deal because both guns are in near perfect condition.but hey nothin says 1911 like COLT.........:laugh:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I guess the saying is true "people pay for the pony". I personally don't drink the colt "kool-aid". To me there are much better 1911's on the market besides Colt. Also if you were thinking of selling it anyway, it might be easier too sell two cheaper priced guns, than one higher priced gun.
    Just my :twocents:.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    It sounds pretty fair to me. Although I like my AK's to have wood furniture, that's just me. Did you consider that you will be taking on two new cal.'s to buy supplies for including new cleaning supplies possibly?
    To me Glocks are a 400.00 dollar pistol, and the Maadi AK about the same.

This :yesway: Glocks can be had for $400 easily, and Maadi AKs for about $400 if they're REASONABLY priced. Combine that with the (possible) two new calibers may cause it to be a worse deal than you anticipated. It could go either way---depends on what you're looking for and how badly you want the Colt gone. :twocents:

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Good to see your not trading I have found that trading something with historical and sentimental value is never worth the trade or sale. That is a good looking Colt.

Last edited:

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I like your .45. But, it strikes me odd that he offered quantity. Ask yourself is there quality in this quantity of firearms. Not to say this fella isn't trustworthy, he just may be that much in love with your .45. Just saying, check these items carefully. He could be trading you gold or scrap.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Keep the Colt! The fact that you need convincing proves that, to you, the deal is not sweet enough. Besides, I have read on here before how you talk about your Colt!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    MAN I LOVE MY COLT,,,BUT BEING ONE OF THE TRILLIONS OUT OF WORK SHE IS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE $$$$$$$$$.DON'T WANT TO DO IT BUT MIGHT HAVE TO.....:laugh:

I would keep the colt, but I'd guess that if you DID need to sell for $$$$ that the Glock and AK would be easier to offload. Of course that is just a guess.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I would value the Colt a little more than the other two. Keep the Colt or just sell it if you need the money. Taking that trade won't help you in the $$$ problem. You'll just have 2 guns you can find almost anywhere. If you still want to do it get some cash.

Top Bottom