• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZedsDead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    South Bend
    I've been looking for a Mosin for a little while but all the FFLs in my area are dry right now.
    Anyone have a 91/30 you wanna sell? Preferably a round receiver in decent shape.
    I'm not willing to pay any more than $150. Just looking for a decent first Mosin.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Well, 50 quality posts and you may find one here. Of course that probably won't happen given your first post doesn't count since you're making a thinly veiled attempt to skirt the rules (which you may or may not have read).

Personally, I feel that if you can't find a Mosin you probably haven't looked all that hard or that far... In truth I can think of over a half dozen places within a one hour drive from South Bend that you could, quite literally, sort through stacks of them for hours.

P.S. :welcome: to :ingo:

ZedsDead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    South Bend
    I'm sorry. I guess it really was in poor form to not read the rules and make a thread. Nothing within 45 minutes of here that I can find has had anything. And Midwest doesn't either. I've called just about every store or dealer I could find within 45 minutes of south bend and everyone either doesn't have them now or doesn't ever carry them.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    MidWest Gun Exchange had them by the crate a short while ago, I know that Durhams also had some for sale. Otherwise I have to agree with mdmayo

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns-rifles-shotguns/363259-mosin-nagant-91-30-a.html

Well if you get kicked in the head and lose all sense of reality you could buy this one... provided you get your 50 quality posts of course.

He even lowered the price by $50 to make it seem less insane.

Let's see. If you don't have a C&R, about $180 for the rifle. Around $75 for a high quality custom bent bolt. Hours and Hours of de-cosmosline cleaning, refinishing the stock, doing trigger work, bedding the action. If you want to do all that yourself, have at it. I have already done it for you and that is worth something to me.
    If you want a plain jane Mosin go for it. If you want a Mosin that has a refinished laminate stock, custom bolt, custom trigger work, etc. then mine is for sale for a fair price.

As always, have nice day!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let's see. If you don't have a C&R, about $180 for the rifle. Around $75 for a high quality custom bent bolt. Hours and Hours of de-cosmosline cleaning, refinishing the stock, doing trigger work, bedding the action. If you want to do all that yourself, have at it. I have already done it for you and that is worth something to me.
    If you want a plain jane Mosin go for it. If you want a Mosin that has a refinished laminate stock, custom bolt, custom trigger work, etc. then mine is for sale for a fair price.

As always, have nice day!

:)

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    I'm sorry. I guess it really was in poor form to not read the rules and make a thread. Nothing within 45 minutes of here that I can find has had anything. And Midwest doesn't either. I've called just about every store or dealer I could find within 45 minutes of south bend and everyone either doesn't have them now or doesn't ever carry them.

Buying a Mosin is kind of like picking a woman. Don't settle for the first one that comes your way. Know what you want and don't settle for less. Know that finding the right one will take some effort. Make sure you're getting a good bore that has not been abused. Be prepared to look outside of your own back yard and pay more than you originally planned!

Last edited:

ADDICTED2TONE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Floyds Knobs
    Orion in Southern Indiana in Jeffersonville has a rack of them. They even have a deal with a spam can and a rifle for $250 or something. I didn't pay much attention, I just saw them when I was browsing around.
    Take a road trip and getcha one..

Top Bottom