• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    So I am thinking about opening up a gunshop in Rushville... apparently there is none..... Was wondering if anyone would be interested in investing. i could offer instore discounts.. and a percentage of profit...
    Im just kinda feeling around atm...

Im not sure where to post this so any mods please feel free to move it where it needs to go

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    There was a nice store front right down town up for rent, posted here in the classifieds.

Have you ever run a store or have an FFL?

Do you have any money to invest. You are going to have to have some of your own skin in the game to play.

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    Im rewriting my existing business plan atm... I run my own automotive work here in franklin and done extremely well; it just isnt where my heart is.... I will have start up capital. As soon as i get the business plan re-drawn up i would be glad to share it with anyone interested... as i said Im looking for investors, silent partners, co-owner,

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Im rewriting my existing business plan atm... I run my own automotive work here in franklin and done extremely well; it just isnt where my heart is.... I will have start up capital. As soon as i get the business plan re-drawn up i would be glad to share it with anyone interested... as i said Im looking for investors, silent partners, co-owner,

Cool. I would give you this one word of advice. Protect your ideas. You would be suprised at how many people read about other folks business ideas and then go on to steal it. Looking for investors is the last thing you should do in order to protect yourself from this happening. Make sure that when you have potential investors, you have all your ducks in a row and are ready to move forward immediately.

Good luck and I wish you the best!:D

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Does renting there require certain insurance precautions? Full insurance on firearms dealers is astronomical, from what I hear. If you can get away with just property and theft insurance, and keep a good lawyer on tab, that'd be perfect for a start up.

Dave_H.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I live in Rushville. I was born and raised in Rushville. My parents and my grandparents were born and raised in Rushville. My FFL application has been laying on my kitchen counter for almost a year. I know every retail store front that's currently available for rent or purchase, what businesses occupied them previously (going back about 50 years...some longer), and have explored them all. The jewelry store that has been advertised on this forum as a possible location for a gun shop belonged to a very good friend of my dad, and my family, going back a long time before I came along. It's a nice store, with nice fixtures, BUT, that's just one side of the coin...there's another side. I help out in another gun shop in my free time. I'm not an expert by anybody's definition, but I'm fairly familiar with the retail gun business and what's involved. There's a reason that there's not a gun shop in Rushville. I'm not about to sit here and say that there's no way that a guy could make a go of it, but there are a whole lotta things you need to know and think about before you jump into something in a town/area that you don't know anything about. I'd be glad to talk it over with you and share my thoughts if you want to chew the fat for a while. If you want to discuss the other location that has been recommended to you, maybe I know something about it, or know somebody that know's something about it or might be able to help you. If you want me to just mind my own business, that's okay too. But like I said...there's a reason(s) that there's not a gun shop here. Either way, good luck.

Dave_H.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I tried to reply to your PM but don't have enough posts. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you my phone number.

Dave_H.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Okay, this is my 15th post so hopefully now I'll be able to answer a PM or e-mail another forum member. :rolleyes: ArmyMP, my phone number is inbound.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So I am thinking about opening up a gunshop in Rushville... apparently there is none..... Was wondering if anyone would be interested in investing. i could offer instore discounts.. and a percentage of profit...
    Im just kinda feeling around atm...

Im not sure where to post this so any mods please feel free to move it where it needs to go

Contact ACORN and get some "Obama Money". We luuuuuuv Obama!!! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom