• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    Hello everyone, I inherited three handguns from my grandparents some time ago. However, I do not know much about them. I know that I have a Luger, a Mauser with Waffenfabrik Mauser Oberndorf A Neckar imprinted on the side, and a 22 cal single six Ruger. If anyone could tell me a little bit about these guns that would be great. I am going to try and figure out how to upload pictures of them as soon as I can.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hello everyone, I inherited three handguns from my grandparents some time ago. However, I do not know much about them. I know that I have a Luger, a Mauser with Waffenfabrik Mauser Oberndorf A Neckar imprinted on the side, and a 22 cal single six Ruger. If anyone could tell me a little bit about these guns that would be great.

Without seeing the individual guns in question (condition, markings, etc), nobody's going to be able to tell you anything beyond what is already readily available elsewhere on the Web. :dunno:

I am going to try and figure out how to upload pictures of them as soon as I can.

This will help:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...gestions/12974-posting_pictures_tutorial.html

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Make a photobucket account, it's free to do. Then once you download the pics to photobucket. Than all you have to do is copy, and paste them to the thread. :D

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    Pics

Nightshade016.jpg
    Nightshade015.jpg
    Nightshade014.jpg
    Nightshade010.jpg
    Nightshade008.jpg

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    identification

Yes, the mauser is a c-96. Go here to nail down the identification of this model. Mauser C-96

The luger looks to be a standard WW2 issue, but it will be a bit tougher to nail down the exact type, I have read that there are over 3,000 different variations of lugers. these guys in the forum might be able to help. Pistole Parabellum

The Ruger looks to be a fairly early single six, but the condition will put it down to just a shooter grade, but it will still be a great shooter. me, personally would leave it as is, and just shoot and enjoy it, but lots would reblue it. it looks to have Franzite type stag grips that were popular in the 50's and 60's.

The only thing about identification is that one very tiny marking could make a huge difference in prices on both the mauser and luger.

dascollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    You'll find lots of information about the Luger and C-96 Broomhandle Mauser on surplusrifle.com. I'm quite jealous, a Broomhandle has been on my list for a while and that one looks to be in very nice condition.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I can tell you right now I'll take the Broomhandle off your hands. The Luger, you wouldn't have to twist my arm to take off your hands. Those 2 are keepers for sure.

Top Bottom