• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    We are fairly new shooters and took a couple of classes, one that shot at Atlanta Conservation Club, the other at ECPR. I have also read about MCFG. If you are members at a private range, how did you choose the range? Which ones do you like the best in the central Indiana area?

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I like a range where there arent rules againts working from the holster and moving around a bit. I also like a range where no one else is around when I go.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    The only way to really tell is to go to the different ones and choose the one that fits your comfort level the best. I went to ECPR early this morning before it got crowded and had a great time. I got to shoot some other people's pistols, they got to shoot mine, and had some pretty informative gun talks as well.

I'm new to the area but I'm sure I'll be joining at least two clubs, ECPR and MCFG. Just to clarify, these are the only two I've been to and they are pretty close to me. I'm sure the other clubs in the area are pretty good also.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm in Fishers and I chose MCFG for a few reasons.

Because of my proximity to I-69, it's as quick for me to access as Atlanta or Hamilton.

I like to shoot Steel and Bowling Pins and over the course of a year the member discount at matches almost pays my membership dues.

It was a little less expensive than the two above, and a few less requirements to join.

Downsides, no holster work, no center fire rifle calibers to speak of allowed (PCR ok), road in has become impassable after really nasty weather.

Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club is worth a look as a place you can shoot your AR and AK. Very inexpensive per year.

Maxamillion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    I think it depends on the features that you desire in a range. Atlanta was a good choice for us due to the ability to do draw from the holster, set up multiple targets and have a shooting bay to ourselves. That being said the membership requirements are a bit more demanding than some of the other Conservation clubs.

:twocents:

Top Bottom