• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    I'm am looking for a new place to shoot. I have just recently relocated to the Bloomington/Bedford area. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Precision Gun Range near McCormick's Creek State Park (just east of Spencer/west of Bloomington).

Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club. The outdoor range is just outside of Nashville IN.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Precision Gun Range near McCormick's Creek State Park (just east of Spencer/west of Bloomington).

Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club. The outdoor range is just outside of Nashville IN.

For the record do either or both of those allow drawing from the holster? Do either or both of them have bays that would allow a shooter to be in a three sided bay while shooting or practicing? What are the range distances at these clubs. I ask because I do not know. Not meaning to run one particular place down tell us about the advantages.

I am not a member at South Central but have shot there many times for many years. They have a number of bays. You can shoot at least 300 yards there. I believe there are no restrictions on drawing from the holster. If I were practicing there I could have a bay to myself and not have to worry about anyone else. I see these as positives. They are also positives for the Riley Conservation Club. Except Riley can only offer 240 yards for rifle shooting.

Not a fan of ranges that do not allow drawing from the holster.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not sure what Hoosier Hills policy is on drawing from holsters. I have taken and helped with pistol classes at that location and we worked from the holster. I shot steel there one time and we did not draw from the holster. I know they have a dedicated pistol bay now.

South Central is pretty non-restrictive. Just follow the rules and you are fine. But I am kind of biased when it comes to South Central. :cool:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    For the record do either or both of those allow drawing from the holster? Do either or both of them have bays that would allow a shooter to be in a three sided bay while shooting or practicing? What are the range distances at these clubs. I ask because I do not know. Not meaning to run one particular place down tell us about the advantages.

I am not a member at South Central but have shot there many times for many years. They have a number of bays. You can shoot at least 300 yards there. I believe there are no restrictions on drawing from the holster. If I were practicing there I could have a bay to myself and not have to worry about anyone else. I see these as positives. They are also positives for the Riley Conservation Club. Except Riley can only offer 240 yards for rifle shooting.

Not a fan of ranges that do not allow drawing from the holster.

I can't say for HHRP. I am not a member. I have been there for Monday steel nights and I believe some participants are drawing from the holster ( I don't yet).
    As for PGR, the covered range shooting area does not have partitions btw shooters. Flying brass can be an issue. I believe you can draw but the table is in front of you as well as a wall that is about 6 inches higher than the table. Gunnergirl or kevinsr98 may know for sure. I don't think PGR has an "owner" presence here.
    That being said, they have always tried to accommodate any of my requests such as setting up a few steel targets for practice instead of paper. I am pretty sure that, if possible, you might be able to shoot from in front of the bays for drawing.
    I am not an employee for them, just a customer. Sure like having them close by though!

SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    Thanks for all the help. I will need to check all of these out in the near future. I would be shooting both riffles and pistols.

Top Bottom