• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Anything G-Shock....... I have been beating on mine for almost 2 years straight, I never take it off. I even swim with it. Before my G Shock I was going through watches every 1 to 3 months.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Luminox. I've had 2 of them. Very durable, waterproof, and has gas tubes(borosilicate glass capsules) that are very bright. They last for 25 years. www.luminox.com/

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Luminox are great, I don't know if they are mechanically winding or not. I have two Citizen Ecodrives and LOVE THEM. They are not mechanically wound, but rather recharged by the sun. The amount of charge they hold from full varies, I think the least amount is 90 days. I haven't had any trouble with mine.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    S&W makes a "SEAL" brand watch with trijicon powder (easiest way to describe it, its late and I cant think of what the stuff is actually called) in the hands of it.IDK about winding, just because I dont see it as a commonality with "work" watches.

Other options are Luminox (Gold Standard of workhorse watches, IMHO), UZI (decent watch for a cheap price, worth it if youre gonna potentially wear it out prior to havin funds for a luminox).

Good luck, and fill us in with any purchase decision.

Last edited:

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    another +1 for the citizen eco-drive. IIRC, 15 min a day in sunlight and 20-30 under anything other light than sun for a day's charge. from full charge it will last 90 days in total darkness and the second hand begins to tick in 2 second increments instead of 1 second increment when power is low. For the record, i have had mine 2 years and NEVER gotten close to running out of power. Amazing watch for the money. It's worth a look at.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Anything G-Shock....... I have been beating on mine for almost 2 years straight, I never take it off. I even swim with it. Before my G Shock I was going through watches every 1 to 3 months.

Yep, I have 2 G shock a dress and casual,, both are great, ones digital and ones mechanical, they have tons of models

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Another one for Luminox. I have 3. The 1st was a gift from my wife about 10 yrs ago. Just replaced the battery earlier this year. Tritium still bright, too.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Luminox is a great watch. I really like the Trase H3's. I have 2. One is GI issue w/ green tritium, radiation symbol marked, no date window, and the other is the code blue.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I bought a like new Luminox out of the classifieds here back in February. It lasted two months and the second hand fell off and the watch stopped working. May as well have lit that $175 on fire.

I now have a G shock. It's a pretty safe bet I won't need another watch for many years.

dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Rolex? Nice watch, but you probably need a submariner to get good glow in the dark. Big bucks! Even then, it will wear out in time. However, if you want a 18K SS perpetual date, let me know.

SmallTownGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Roanoke
    If you felt like putting out the money (249.99 on eBay) there is the H.R.T. titanium watch by 5.11 It's not mechanically wound but it's extremely durable, it has digital and analog read outs, the dials glow, all the features of a digital watch such as multiple time zones to chronograph and count down. A perk is it has the SureShot ballistic calculator built into it. The only fall back is you have two batteries to replace but they last a long time. I own the Field Ops watch by 5.11 which is entirely digital and I didn't have to replace its battery for 2.5 years.

Top Bottom