• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Ok ,been thinking about picking one of these up & was wondering who has seen the best deal on one . Looking for new or used prefer S/S between Ft Wayne & Indy area

BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    Check out Indy Gun Safety (indygunsafety.com) in Fishers. He's got one (it's blue) for $440.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    we got ours at Plainfield shooting supply for $440. They had a nice selection to choose from.

The only pic I have of it is with a couple other pistols

2uqhhjn.jpg

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Nice grips on the Judge JJgatesE30, Plainfield shooting supplies will be on my stop list on the way back from Bloomington when I visit my son at IU ,440.00 about what I want to spend.the Judge in the classified is WTT for a Ruger Blackhawk

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    we got ours at Plainfield shooting supply for $440. They had a nice selection to choose from.

The only pic I have of it is with a couple other pistols

2uqhhjn.jpg

Those are some sweet grips on that judge. I held one last weekend at the Lafayette gun show but it had the rubber ribbed grip. That felt nice and less punishing, do you feel as if that grip gives you a better grip on the gun? How is recoil? I love the looks of that judge for sure.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Those are some sweet grips on that judge. I held one last weekend at the Lafayette gun show but it had the rubber ribbed grip. That felt nice and less punishing, do you feel as if that grip gives you a better grip on the gun? How is recoil? I love the looks of that judge for sure.

Well, I have yet to fire it :rolleyes: (still waiting on my LTCH) My wife really wanted one, and this was the first gun we bought since we moved to IN. It was also that day we found you have to have a license to transport firearms :(

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    Well, I have yet to fire it :rolleyes: (still waiting on my LTCH) My wife really wanted one, and this was the first gun we bought since we moved to IN. It was also that day we found you have to have a license to transport firearms :(

LOL no biggie dude, just be sure to post a range report, I'd like to know with that length barrel how the recoil, general handling and penetration works. Certainly the same size I am interested in. :yesway:

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    LOL no biggie dude, just be sure to post a range report, I'd like to know with that length barrel how the recoil, general handling and penetration works. Certainly the same size I am interested in. :yesway:

This was more of a "cool factor" gun. I mean, the little thing is a shotgun! We bought some of those "defensive" load shells for it that fire 3 little slugs and 10 or so BB's. This thing would DEVASTATE up close, I can't wait to fire it.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I don't want to seem like a negative Nancy, but I had a Judge, and wasn't that impressed with it, in regards to the .410 performance. It shot great with everything, especially Cor-Bon .45 LC (2" @ 25 yds). Slugs are 1/5 of an ounce on average or around 90gr. Penetration was lacking, and having what amounts to 5 shots of .45acp (LC) or 15 shots of .380 (.410 defensive load), I decided it wasn't really worth my time, given the size of it vs a similar semi-auto. I traded it to a family member for an M-1 Carbine with some ammo and mags. He wanted it for snakes while hiking or riding horses, and that is where this thing really shines. Fill er up with #6 and make some snake sushi.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Im really looking into one of these for a house gun ,my wife is pro-gun but wont carry because she is a teacher & is paranoid about accidentally carrying to school. She is also very revolver orientated and is what she is comfortable with.We were at the cabelas in hammond & was seeing if she liked the way a judge felt ,she handled it popped open the cylinder & checked out the sights & liked it.The employee asked if we had any other handguns & my wife said yes but all semi-autos in which the employee said"well, thats a revolver " & without missing a beat she proclaimed "DUHH,I know the difference".:):

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Now I have found 2 Judges at different locales,Which should I get blued or stainless?? Really on the fence with this & I know the pros & cons of each so I guess it comes down to looks.Really like the look of both, just need some others preferences

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Im really looking into one of these for a house gun ,my wife is pro-gun but wont carry because she is a teacher & is paranoid about accidentally carrying to school. She is also very revolver orientated and is what she is comfortable with.We were at the cabelas in hammond & was seeing if she liked the way a judge felt ,she handled it popped open the cylinder & checked out the sights & liked it.The employee asked if we had any other handguns & my wife said yes but all semi-autos in which the employee said"well, thats a revolver " & without missing a beat she proclaimed "DUHH,I know the difference".:):

:lol2: Would have loved to seen the look on the employee's face when he realized he had stepped on it! Kudo's for you wife and her reaction!

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I would check 21st Century since your within half hour of Bluffton. If you don't like their prices, PM me, I know a local guy near me that has good prices and I come to Ft. Wayne quite a bit.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Seriously,,, if possible, see if you can rent one at a local range, or ask someone that you know has one if you can put a few rounds downrange with it. These are great little pistols, but the recoil is a little harsh, IMO, and I shoot mainly .45 and .40 autos. My girlfriend bought one as her first handgun (before we met) and I have really been a little miffed at the dealer that sold it to her. He was more interested is milking over $500 out of her pocketbook than actually matching her with a firearm she could 1: Handle and 2: shoot accurately. We still have it and I get it out every once in a while because I love what a spatter target looks like when I hit with a 00 buck .410 shot, but I keep my .45 auto on the night stand. :twocents:

Top Bottom