• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Im looking for a good chest rig as the title states. I am on a buget so no 150 dollar setups. Ive looked around but im not sure if theres any i havent found so i thought i would ask. Im looking for something to hold atleast 4 AR mags and 4 Pistol mags. MOLLE would be the best options.

I just want your inputs on some good chest rigs. The higher up on the body the better

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    I really enjoy my Eagle All Molle SKD/Version Chest Rig. You will spend more money in pouches, but will have absolute control over every aspect of type and placement of your pouches. This is the way my Lady and I went, and couldn't be happier.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I bought a Eagle Universal Chest Rig and like it a lot. You can look on AR15.com and usually see them used in great shape for under $60 and it will take care of your AR mags and 4 pistol mags as well as two other large pouch pockets for whatever you want.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    okay so i have been looking for awhile now and trying to configure my perfect chest rig. i havent completly been able to get it the way i want for the price i want to spend. this is what i have settled on. i know you guys arent too big on condor but i dont really care lol. for what im gonna use it for it should hold up just fine.

what i like about this system is that the mag pouches are built in so it will be low profile. then ill have 4 pistol mag pouch and my hangun all on my chest. it always has a built in bladder pouch. its a plus in my book

all of this will be in either multicam or acupat
    rur9ud.jpg

35k4msx.jpg

ill be using this to put my serpa holster on
    20h33gp.jpg

now heres another question.
    i plan on putting the pistol mag pouches on the left side since im right handed. then either put the pistol up top in the middle or on the bottom with an upwards cant. which would you do? if i put it on the bottom id be able to put and admin pouch or something else up top. suggestions?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I have a condor chest rig on order if it ever gets here I'll give you a review. but in the mean time I picked up an original SOE gear rig from jahred at 21st. century. man that thing is OVERBUILT! pretty sure it could take a chuck norris roundhouse. and jahred has the best prices I've seen on willis's gear.

Original S.O.E. Gear

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Condor is not bad but it doesn't have the price tag or the cool name and will get bashed on the "tactical" sites but if you like it and its what you can afford then great!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Agreed. I've had a Condor PC and it was good to go, especially since it rode around in my trunk, as my active shooter rig. For what most shooters do/need it'll fit the bill. The best thing is, you use it, figure out what you like/don't like, and buy up the next time, as your need and skill level grows. Then you sell the old one or have a backup!

I might recommend keeping your pistol platform in the same area, with the same type of retention you carry every day. If you do move it, make sure to get some training hours in to get the stress repetitions in your muscle memory.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    okay so i have been looking for awhile now and trying to configure my perfect chest rig. i havent completly been able to get it the way i want for the price i want to spend. this is what i have settled on. i know you guys arent too big on condor but i dont really care lol. for what im gonna use it for it should hold up just fine.

what i like about this system is that the mag pouches are built in so it will be low profile. then ill have 4 pistol mag pouch and my hangun all on my chest. it always has a built in bladder pouch. its a plus in my book

all of this will be in either multicam or acupat
    rur9ud.jpg

35k4msx.jpg

ill be using this to put my serpa holster on
    20h33gp.jpg

now heres another question.
    i plan on putting the pistol mag pouches on the left side since im right handed. then either put the pistol up top in the middle or on the bottom with an upwards cant. which would you do? if i put it on the bottom id be able to put and admin pouch or something else up top. suggestions?

I'll take a photo of my plate carrier when I get home later this afternoon, maybe it'll give you an idea or two, it sounds very similar in layout as to what your looking to do.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I might recommend keeping your pistol platform in the same area, with the same type of retention you carry every day. If you do move it, make sure to get some training hours in to get the stress repetitions in your muscle memory.

While I am not a person who has to use a rig in combat or police work I will second what jsx1043 is saying about keeping your pistol in the same place as always. I purchased a drop leg holster and like it fine but can tell you that I carry IWB or in a fobus holster everyday and practice drawing from it and at the range. The first couple times I wore the leg rig and practiced transition drills to the pistol I was grabbing air as I have practiced so much for drawing off my hip rather than a drop leg. Would really stink to do that in a life threatening situation:n00b: Also, one reason I did not get a vest mounted holster and won't use one is what if you are on your stomach prone and can't raise up or roll to your side from under cover? It could cause problems for you if you ever had to toss your vest as well since you don't have your pistol anymore but odds are none of us will ever be in that situation.

Top Bottom