• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Bodygaurd. I love mine, Its what I take on my bike or running now. Fits in my pocket, or on a IWB holster, and goes unnoticed while i run. But yet still fun to shoot.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I really like my Kel Tec P3AT. It is very lightweight and you can get a belt clip for it for cheap. Mine has been reliable so far.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Its not a. 380 and not the smallest but the Kel Tec PMR30 holds 30(three zero) .22 mag
    nums and weighs shy over a pound fully loaded! This is by far the lightest and most if attacked by a posse of squirrels the high capacity of the pmr30 would be benefinicial. interesting gun I have had the honor of shooting. Pair this with the awesome Hornady 45 grain Critical Defense HP rounds, thirty of them no less, and just over a pound! Now if only I could find one for sale somewhere, everyplace seems to always sold out. If i was jogging or running I would want something like this.

Not dismissing the p3at, just never shot one let alone held one. If attacked by a posse of squirrels while jogging the pmr30's high capacity would be beneficial.

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    id suggest 9mm instead. i dont believe .380 has any advantages besides being a bit shorter case, and the grip of a pistol that contains the magazine generally doesnt need shortened, or it wont fit in your hand. i believe 380 it is less lethal and less accurate at a distance, especially if you get a tiny grip. at least do some research on 9 vs 380 before you decide. here is the first google result i found, and i think it mimics other research ive done:

hunting.about.com/od/guns/l/aast9mmv380a.htm

good luck to you

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    My wife and I both love the Bersa .380. And it's cheaper than the rest on grabagun. I'd also consider the sig p238. Though, that's some serious money for something that will never be a real hand gun. Its SAO though, and I like that in a tiny handgun.

Barua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Eagle Creek
    I run with my Ruger LCP everyday. I put it in a 5.11 holster shirt under my hoodie. I don't care about the stopping power argument over .380 vs a rocket launcher. All I know is that if I'm ever attacked while running whom ever it is attacking me will probably stop after the first round or two.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    LLAMA 380. Carries quite nicely, small, light, thin and accurate. I sent over 3000 rounds down range without cleaning to test it. It never missed a beat. I finally couldn't stand it and cleaned it. I still carry it on occasion. There was a 45 version as well. I'm not sure if they made a 9mm.

004.jpg

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I carry a P3at in a belt loop with a thumb break on my bike..............FACTORY extended mag and I feel safe. PM if you want pics.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I do carry a Ruger LCP from time to time. Have carried it while jogging in the neighborhood. Great pistol and a little snappy so be sure to get the pinky finger extension on the magazine. Kel-tecs are similar.
    Bersa .380's are nice. So are the Smith and Wesson/Walthers. Pick what fits you best. Just purchase a brand name. Do not go cheap cause you will regret it.
    Good luck.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    Another vote for the Ruger LCP. Not much heavier or bigger than a Blackberry. As for stopping power, look at how many villains James Bond has dropped with his Walther .380.

cmstuard

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I shot both the LCP and the Bodyguard 380. I wanted a double action pistol for deep concealment. Went with the Bodyguard 380 due to the LCP having a pre-set hammer called "Single strike double action" similar to the Kel Tec P-32. If the primer fails to fire once struck, you have to cycle another round. With the Bodyguard you have to just pull the trigger again. In a critical event I would not want to have to cycle other round. I've only experienced this with the Bodyguard with RWS ammo as they tend to have harder primers... although it was rare.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    I pocket carry a Ruger LCP, and I think it's the perfect lightweight solution.
    You'll want to add a Crimson Trace laser to it, because the sights are not easy to see. With the laser, I shoot 1" groups at 20 feet.

You could argue about .380 vs. 9mm all day, but they will both get the job done if you do yours correctly.
    I considered the Ruger LC9, but for me it's a matter of size. If I'm going to carry something all day every day, I want it as small as possible and still be able to function correctly.

My LCP has been 100% reliable with any brand of ammo I've put through it.
    I just realized I sound like an advertisement... :):
    It really is a great little gun, though!

If you're looking for something to carry while jogging, the LCP might be the one...

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Bersa CC

I would suggest a Bersa CC 380. Not as light as lets say a Kel-Tec,
    but far more reliable. I know from personal experience.

Top Bottom