• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'd say GSG1911. I guess I can't say for sure it isn't ammo picky, because all I've ever run through mine is the cheap Wally World Federal 550 packs and it eats those just fine. I think others have said that the CCI ammo works fine in them as well.

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Browning Buckmark. There are lots of choices. Suggest you at least try to hold several and hopefully be able to shoot before making your purchase. I did none of that and got lucky with the Buckmark.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Come to the Meet and Shoot in November and you could try a couple. Should be a MP22, a Sig Mosquito, and a Ruger or two there at the minimum

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Buy Anything But......

All I can tell you, is DO NOT buy a Chiappa 22lr pistol.
    They also go by the name Puma. They are bad and I mean
    bad, pistols.
    I am turning mine in at the next gun buy back, and taking my lumps.

Reuben Cogburn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Have you considered the Buck Mark?

What ever you get, you will probably like it..... plinking with a .22 is still a load of fun.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    A 22 revolver is the least ammo sensitive choice out there. Plus, if a round does not fire...pull the trigger again to move on to the next one.

I like the Ruger SP101 in 22 LR and I plan to buy one in the near future. Would be a bit over your budget new, but such is life.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    You really should look at the GSG1911. Mine has nearly 25,000 documented rounds down range and it is still going strong.

Oh! And it's very accurate as well...

550roundsgsg1911.jpg

hostagerescue.jpg

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Ruger Mark III. Built like a tank and accurate as H... .

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Your great great great grandkids will someday be shooting it. I have a Ruger MK I that I bought when I first turned legal. Countless rounds through it. And it still shoots like as champ. My kids shoot it now...and someday my grandkids will.

MbMinx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indianapolis Area
    I like my Ruger Mark I. My Dad was a huge Ruger fan - he had both a Mark I and a Single Six (as well as several others). I don't think you could go wrong with either of those.

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    I've had very good luck with Ruger .22cal. revolvers and pistols. Myself I prefer adjustable sights. I've never had any experiance with the model 22/45's but figure they would be great plinkers also. At least 95% of my
    shooting I use Federal bulk pack ammunition and next to no problems
    with it. I have a Ruger standard I bought back in the 60's and no telling how many rounds thru it and still works like a new one.

mrtdrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 22, 2011
    NW Indy
    ive got one of the newer walther p22s and a heritage roughrider 22 that are both great fun accurate little guns walther can be had for aroudn 250 to 300 and the heritage for about 150 also got a ruger sp101 in 22 but its a little over the 400 dollar price range

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Walther P22.....my wife and her friends swear by them all day long. In total...they've prolly put 7-9,000 rounds downrange, w/o a hiccup.

Now that I think about it...I doubt that any of them have even cleaned one. :dunno:

Top Bottom