• ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hello good ingo people!

From everything I've seen people seem to love their XD. I can't find really any criticisms of the weapon. There does seem to be quite a few variations (or generations maybe?) of this gun and im wondering if there are particular models or variants that are stand outs or superior and adversely any that should be avoided for some reason?

I'm considering what appears to be a standard XD in .40, 5" barrel new in box with two mags. What would you pay for this piece? thanks for any feedback. nice community you have here!

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    Own a 4" gen2 XD-9 and used to have a sub-compact version as well. No issues with either pistol. Feed and fire anything I have fed them. $450 is a great price for a new pistol, not so much for used, but not unreasonable either.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Earlier models, ca. 2005, seem to have an inferior finish that rusted much more easily...or so people on the internet have claimed. My buddy bought a 4" XD9 from that time but as far as I know he never had a rust problem.

$450 for a used tactical .40 S&W might be a good used price in some places, but considering I just bought an XD45 for $489.99 brand new, I'd expect to pay less for a used gun. $400 sounds much better.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I carried a XD45 for a year and a half. I put probably 500-600 rounds through it with only one FTF and that was because I didnt seat my mag.

It felt good in the hand, was a great shooter. Only reason I got rid of it was to get out of 45acp.

$450 isnt too bad for a used one. Does it come with extra mags or ammo? That helps.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I carry an XD9SC and love mine. I'm not real fond of the larger models myself, but that's just my opinion. I added the Pearce Extension to the short mag for carry purposes because the extended mag kinda hung out there a bit. The extension allows for control, but doesn't print near like the extended mag does.

Please note, these guns are not dry fire friendly. I had to replace the roll pin because of what Springfield called "excessive dry firing" but that's not that big of a deal. I just don't do it anymore.

Overall, they are excellent handguns.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    You can buy a brand new from the dealer XD-40 Service 4" or sub-compact 3" for $399. Not sure about the 5" they're not as common.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Yeah, idk wtf is with people selling them for so much used. I guess idiots buy them for more than you can get them from a gun shop.

A standard xd is $399 bnib from sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com with free shipping and no cc fee. You just have to pay an ffl to do the transfer.

Who the hell would pay more for a used one. I contacted a guy about a used xdm last night, and showed him where you can get them for $519 (same place as above), and he said he couldn't match the price.....

People selling above bnib from a store.....stay away from the **** deals.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've had an XDm 40 for several years. I like it and have no problems recommending them to others. I don't remember what I paid for it now, but IIRC, they were running $50-75 more than the XD's were a few years ago.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I've had an XDm 40 for several years. I like it and have no problems recommending them to others. I don't remember what I paid for it now, but IIRC, they were running $50-75 more than the XD's were a few years ago.

The standard xd has dropped down in price VERY significantly. It's dirt cheap and a great gun for $399.

The xdm hasn't dropped in price as much. They're $100-$120 more than a standard xd now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The standard xd has dropped down in price VERY significantly. It's dirt cheap and a great gun for $399.

The xdm hasn't dropped in price as much. They're $100-$120 more than a standard xd now.

Whoa...apparently the XDm's have dropped too. Because it seems like I paid upwards of $600 for mine--the first year they were out IIRC.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Whoa...apparently the XDm's have dropped too. Because it seems like I paid upwards of $600 for mine--the first year they were out IIRC.

You got it when they were all hyped up and expensive :D

$520 is the most I'd pay at this time bnib. Any more, and you're getting shafted.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's a great bang for the buck right now.

I don't think there was "generations", more like variations - add safety switches, change colors, different barrel lengths. Me, I got just a plain jane XD45 long ago and love it.

Top Bottom