Columbus, IN
    DDB8351C-50EE-4D0F-B953-6A896710621C-9525-000004C216803091_zpsd637de46.jpg

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Is that Blue Moon's Winter Ale in an Applebee's Bretus glass?

On second thought, I'm not sure it's dark enough for that...but it looks too dark to just be Blue Moon unless the lighting is playing with me

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Is that Blue Moon's Winter Ale in an Applebee's Bretus glass?

On second thought, I'm not sure it's dark enough for that...but it looks too dark to just be Blue Moon unless the lighting is playing with me

Our very own local Big Wood's Cat Tail Wheat...this was after I bought a 6 pack of Heineken the night before, that stuff is not as good after having some cat tail wheat at the INGO meet!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Our very own local Big Wood's Cat Tail Wheat...this was after I bought a 6 pack of Heineken the night before, that stuff is not as good after having some cat tail wheat at the INGO meet!

How's the flavor? I love trying local brews.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Heineken is nasty even after having a room temp. 6 pack of PBR. I need to get some more Grolsch bottles and brew up another 5-10 gallons to be consumed this summer. The first brew I ever made was a blueberry wheat that was around 8% and really tasty.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Heineken is nasty even after having a room temp. 6 pack of PBR. I need to get some more Grolsch bottles and brew up another 5-10 gallons to be consumed this summer. The first brew I ever made was a blueberry wheat that was around 8% and really tasty.

Oh, dude. I happen to love PBR.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I enjoy PBR when I'm drinking cheap beer (and that is the majority of the time when I'm drinking beer) but room temp. PBR is not good. That is how bad Heineken is. It is almost as bad as Hamm's. Would have said Old Style but that is pretty decent for a cheap beer too.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

This. The two drinks of Heineken I had once upon a time were garbage. It tasted absolutely terrible. It tasted like a glass full of feces strained through a dirty jock strap.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Smooth and creamy, no bad aftertaste, and I want to say it has a natural taste like a good wheat beer instead of a very pungent undesirable lite golden beer. Hard to actually describe it other then saying it taste good. Go try it yourself, you may like it...

It was $16.15 for a growler(half gallon), refills after the first purchase is $12 if I recall correctly...

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

I won't be having any more Heineken, anybody want to come claim the other 5 bottles? I'll be picking up some apple pie moonshine this weekend at winterfest...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I haven't had any REAL apple pie moonshine but the commercial Midnight Moon apple pie is good. It is suppose to be Junior Johnson's recipes for what they sell. The Midnight Moon (use to be Shine On Georgia Moon) is pretty good too for a clear corn whiskey. I've had better shine but it was from a friend's family in Kentucky. That stuff was really good.

You can get the Midnight Moon stuff at Martins and most liquor stores carry it.

Top Bottom