• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    A certain member here who for some reason would have rather had me post this than him/her sent me these details. I hope the buyer/seller sees this:

Original INGO ad:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns_pistols_and_revolvers/229734-s_and_w_5906_9mm.html

New, OVERPRICED Armslist ad:

ARMSLIST - For Sale: s&w 5906 stainless

Same grip scratch on the right side, same night sights, and exact same serial. Only $90 more expensive.

I believe in the free market but come on. This guy is even located in the original seller's area so he maybe spent $20 on gas getting the thing. New seller, hope you know that as a S&W 3rd Gen enthusiast I know you won't get that price unless you were selling a 5906T or one with adjustable target sights. You obviously didn't do your research when you thought you would be able to flip the gun for a profit. :ingo:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    :popcorn:

Or perhaps the Armslist seller has recently found himself/herself in a position of having to sell it and is hoping the mark-up with help recup the full purchase price.

I wonder who that certain member could be.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Since when is a buyer not aloud to resale something? Maybe the buyer didn't like it after they shot it.
    Either way they are the new owner and can set the sale price.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I don't have a problem with it, but if he thinks he'll get that price good luck. I don't see why people think I have a problem with it :dunno:

My guess, just a guess here though would be that it might have something to do with the fact you started a thread flaming the guy for what he is doing...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Doesn't look like it matters. It says the post has been deactivated by the seller.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    NOW I understand why some people want negative rep back. I do not care what someone paid for something. The only thing that concerns me is if I think the price they are offering it to me is within what I want to pay. If not I will keep looking.
    The extra the gun is being sold for also adds some haggle room if somebody wants to haggle.
    I WILL QUIT NOW BEFORE I SAY SOMETHING TO GET ME BANNED!!

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    last i knew.. buying a firearm, then selling for a profit.. (regularly) was frowned upon by the ATF unless you had a FFL. but lets hear what you have to say.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I cannot tell from my phone, but the serial numbers look similar, but not exact. And who really cares anyway?

A person bought it, it is theirs to do what they please with it, if you don't like whatg they're doing you should have purchased it.

Now. MYOFB :)

Top Bottom