• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    Just got my lone wolf barrel in this afternoon for my Glock 23. Everything looked great, but when I put it together it is extremely tight. So much to the point that the gun is being held open just from the fit being off when I pull the slide back. I haven't been able to shoot it yet to see if it causes a problem or if it will loosen up. So I guess I have two questions. 1) Has anyone had this problem before with a lone wolf barrel? My quick google search showed nothing. 2) Should I wait and try to see how it functions shooting or should I just send it back now? Thanks in advance.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    First question, is it a 9mm conversion barrel, ported, threaded? The conversion setup is "iffy" IMHO but that really wouldn't make any difference concerning the problem you are talking about. I tinkered with one (9mm conversion) in a 35 for a while and decided to send it down the road. In theory the pistol won't fire if it is not locking up but I have seen that happen a time or two. I would be curious to look at it to see what is going on. I'll PM you with my info.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I had a LW G17 threaded barrel and never had a single issue with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another as I haven't heard of a single issue with them.

Top Bottom