• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrolman1981

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Richmond, In
    I have a large Kennedy toolbox I store my guns in. It has always worked well. However today one of the locks broke in the "locked" position. I have tried everything I can think of to get into it. I drilled the lock with no luck. It is all ballbearing drawer slides, and the locking bar is in the rear of the box??? Any ideas? Minimal damage preferred as it is a $3500 box.:xmad:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    If you didn't mess up the lock to bad you may try 3 paper clips....
    I have figured out that I can jimmy pretty much every lock I have come across with 3 paper clips, it usually takes a half hour or better of frustration but eventually they always turn..
    Not necesarily advising it, but it has worked for me in the past.
    I just bend them in an "L" shape and insert them in one at a time, pressing down on the side with the cuts and turning etc..

excursion12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think I read you right in that you drilled the center out of the lock? So picking it with paper clips is a lost cause now. Is this lock a regular type key or one of the circular "pop machine" keys?
    If you keep drilling bigger you will eventually release the wafers or pins in a standard key lock. A pop machine type you will have to get the front drilled or ground off enough to dig out the pins. Eventually with either lock you will end up removing all the obstacles to the cylinder turning and moving the latch or lever in the back out of the way.
    Is this the type of lock that holds the lid down so that it won't lift?
    Here is a video on drilling a standard pin and tumbler lock, not sure if your box has a wafer type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEPe7aLfqrs

Top Bottom