• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Anyone know of a place local to Indianapolis that sells Duracoat? Also, is there a local re-finisher that can do a good nickel plating job on a 1911 slide and parts?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm not looking for someone to do the refinish (except the nickel), but just the materials. Do any of these folks sell the Duracoat products or do the only do the refinishing using them?

I'd like to bring several pistols over to the standard finish in the family of a black frame, nickel slide (or silver duracoat) and wood grips. Since there are a bunch I'd like to do, I would like to give refinishing them myself a shot.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm not looking for someone to do the refinish (except the nickel), but just the materials. Do any of these folks sell the Duracoat products or do the only do the refinishing using them?

I'd like to bring several pistols over to the standard finish in the family of a black frame, nickel slide (or silver duracoat) and wood grips. Since there are a bunch I'd like to do, I would like to give refinishing them myself a shot.

I know Nick (IGW) is getting out of DuraCoat, as it is an inferior finish to his other products SeraCoat, Norell's Molly Resin, Hot Costic Bluing, Parkerizing.

Refinishing is now his specialty, if he has one. He is a fantastic general gunsmith, but finish work is his crowd pleaser.

Anyhow, he might be willing to part with his duracoat for a small recover. Call him

317-650-9989

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Duracoat direct

Lauer Custom Weaponry - just as easy to order it on line. I continue to use it on many projects. Have always been happy with the results and performance of it.

Top Bottom