• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This guy is a piece of work. Its funny to listen to "CB" aka Chris Buckley try to act like he is some kind of intellectual. He is a law student turned political activist RINO, hungry to expand government. He, and those like him, has shown all forms of disdain for Tea Parties and Conservative Rallies. He has jumped at every opportunity to attack the local conservative activists who have primarily focused their efforts on fighting new taxes (something republicans are supposed to agree on?).

He reminds me of our own INGO member, Insider. (Whom I will remind you was a big defender of that site as well as the expansion of the local RTA, creating added taxes for local passenger railways.) I wouldn't doubt it if they are one in the same. Speak up CB.

In the author's eyes, the Tea Parties threaten his little perception of who is entitled to obtain elected office. Wow, someone with private sector experience entering the political arena, a la Richard Behney? The horror. :rolleyes:

There is quite an extensive debate in the comment section as well. That whole site is pretty remarkable. Talk about a bunch of whiney moderate/liberal republicans.

TeaPartier Turned Senator!? Richard Behney Throws Hat in U.S. Senate Race

Update: For those less interested in the US Senate race, and more interested in the ensuing comments regarding the RLC, see this post: More thoughts on the Republican Leadership Caucus.

Richard Behney, local entrepreneur and Indianapolis Tea Party Organizer, has decided to enter the U.S. Senate Race to challenge the entrenched Evan Bayh. Tea Party Leader Behney Enters U.S. Senate Race.

Someone needs an elementary lesson in political theory.

While the TEA and RLC movements are both in their infancy, they must somehow feel they are ready for the big leagues. If potential Republican primary heavyweights Dan Dumezich, Don Bates, Jr., and State Senator Marlin Stutzman weren’t enough to deter him from frivolously blowing supporters’ money, the threat of a popular Evan Bayh should be. Even in a year when the investigation of a micro-scandal is underway, Senator Evan Bayh's is no soft seat.

I personally think that it is both premature and naive that an inexperienced minority faction “leader” within our party can succeed in the mainstream. In my political opinion, this naïveté both compromises the RLC’s mission as well as Republicans at large. For RLC’ers, this diverts attention away from where they should be focusing and possibly winning: in local politics. Liberty Caucus candidates have a number of strengths, purportedly arising from the grassroots. With this mentality, if they wish to succeed at all, they should begin by slating candidates for local races, such as township offices, city and town councils and boards, and perhaps make county-wide runs where their support is the most concentrated. Attempting a statewide run at a federal office is ludicrous at this point. I guess these folks feel as though the well-established principles of party formation do not apply to them. I wonder if they believe they can defy gravity as well?

Well, as someone who is unmoved by the RLC’s empty rally and rhetoric, I find this recent effort somewhat promising. With a couple of high profile defeats early on in the Movement’s infancy, perhaps worrying about the potential influence of this faction on our Party as a whole will be a thing of the past sooner than we think.

Last edited:

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    Shout down these loud mouths whenever we can. Don't even think about speaking for me.

I met Behney when he came to address our local 9-12 group, and his wife and one of his children. The guy seems totally legit at this point though I do question if he really knows how dirty the game is he is getting in to. Unfortunately he has to have a campaign with the rough and tumble crowd to win and this will be tough. But bully for him and I wish him well.

It is way too early to say who I will support, but you must admire anyone who is willing to put it out there in today's political climate.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Gotta keep the power with the party bosses. Don't want any of those smelly common folks getting involved. Can you imagine the chaos if he won, he might not realize he is supposed to vote how they tell him too.

HowardRoark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Support for Marlin Stutzman

Full disclosure, I'm supporting Marlin Stutzman as he has the NRA bonafides, conservative principles, private sector experience (as a farmer and owning a business), and I appreciate that he's had a few terms in the political system so that he knows that ropes to get things done to decrease this burdensome government.

That being said, I am thankful that Richard Behney is running for the US Senate seat and think it's a shame that this RINO Buckley would write about him like you have to walk along some linear path in life and politics, graduating from level to the next. It doesn't sway my vote, but it's great that Behney reaches a different crowd within our ranks and that he has worked to organize over this past year. I pray he continues to be involved and influence the party from the inside out whatever the outcome of the May primary.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I met Richard Behney at a rally a couple of months ago. He gave an impressive speech and I talked to him afterward. He is a very approachable guy. My intent was to talk to him about the 2nd Amendment. He told me very plainly that he knows that the reason the 2A exists is to remain free from a tyrannical government. He's a gun owner and a supporter of our cause - from everything I have seen so far. I shook the man's hand and wished him the best.

I would trust Behney to protect my rights sooner than I would trust any "moderate" republican.

HowardRoark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    JSGolfman's got it right. The best person to protect your Second Amendment rights is YOU.

Beyond that, all of these US Senate candidates sound solid on the Second Amendment and there really isn't a "moderate" Republican candidate. If you watch the debates you'll hear the similarity of their positions.

Marlin is an "A" rated NRA member - I support him because he's been tested and has the record to demonstrate his commitment to conservatism.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    JSGolfman's got it right. The best person to protect your Second Amendment rights is YOU.

Beyond that, all of these US Senate candidates sound solid on the Second Amendment and there really isn't a "moderate" Republican candidate. If you watch the debates you'll hear the similarity of their positions.

Marlin is an "A" rated NRA member - I support him because he's been tested and has the record to demonstrate his commitment to conservatism.
    Kirsten Gillibrand, Senator NY was rated 100% by the NRA, too. She's been voting anti-2A ever since she got in. NRA ratings are worthless as a guide to voting. The NRA has its own agenda and it often doesn't match up with John Q. Public. The NRA even refuses to rate many pols on important issues. Sorry, but you'd be much better off using a Ouija board. If you must use a ratings system, rather than researching their votes on your own, then I'd suggest using GOA's.

HowardRoark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion, but I cannot find a GOA rating for Marlin. I would still bet that it's a great rating considering things like the fact that he authored and passed the "Lifetime Handgun Permit" for Indiana.

Proven record trumps lofty stump speeches every time for me.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The good thing about 2010 is - assuming that all four candidates get their signature petitions in - that we'll have a broad choice for the first time in a long time. We'll have two established candidates with years of experience in the party, one long time donor to and supporter of the party, and one guy totally from outside the system.

We're learning that the system is set to make it possible -but very difficult for non-party backed candidates to complete the process to get on the ballot. 500 signatures in each congressional district. That means you really need 700+ because some folks will sign the wrong form, not use a complete address, etc.

Then, to make sure the forms don't get lost in the mail, they have to be hand delivered to each county election official's office for verification - and picked up in person again. After all sheets are checked by the county folks and certified, then they need to be hand delivered to STATE election officials.

I dare say that if only one party guy had popped up to challenge Bayh, I suspect that all the signature sheets would have been completed and turned in by now as the party apparatus sprang into action. But, with four of them running, the party bosses appear to have backed away, and said they have to do it on their own.

Unfortunately Howard, we are at a very unique time in our history. We are now at a time where the Tea Party movement - when presented as a "party" in polls - is topping both the Dem and Repub parties.

That shows a huge distrust of political voting records and party affiliated candidates. The populace today is awakening to the idea that the political class really does exist - and they're tired of politicians. They want folks who don't have the baggage of having passed this bill, or worked across the aisle to get this done.

I love this little vid of people in Warsaw in the Q&A during a Behney speech:
    YouTube - Behney in Warsaw - Lawyers

HowardRoark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I can't say I disagree with the sentiment of that video. I'm definitely glad none of our current candidates are lawyers.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    "I guess these folks feel as though the well-established principles of party formation do not apply to them."

Yes because these well-established principles have given us many new parties like.....um....um....yeah um........ never mind he's a douchebag.

Top Bottom