• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    It's the largest collection of, well...."load data" available, outside of published manuals. A lot of it can be found in manuals, but a fair amount of it is unique to the cartridge/components used and not found elsewhere.

It's also not really documented or pressure-tested. It all comes with the caveat that it was safe in the gun used, but may not be safe in your gun. If you've got a bunch of obscure, oddball, or wildcat rounds to load for, it's a great starting point for safe data. If you're loading 9mm, 223 and 308...save your money.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    It has all the data from almost every load manual out there, plus hand loader magazine. It's easily printable. I have a binder full off the data on what I reload. I really like it. It is online so you'll need a device to see it, can't read it on the reading chair like you cAn a paper one.
    In short I've had it 3 yrs and no regrets at all

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I tried to look. I assume you have to pay $29.95 a year to view the recipes. Be worth it if it gives powder charges and OAL. Maybe I can slip somebody $10 to print me off some loads?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Soliciting the duplication of copyrighted material in a public forum? Is it worth it to save $20? :rolleyes:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Soliciting the duplication of copyrighted material in a public forum? Is it worth it to save $20? :rolleyes:

Yes, yes it is. If a person reloads a lot of cartridges or odd cartridges then I could justify $29.95. Otherwise it would make a lot more for 2 or 3 guys to share a subscription. How is that any different then sharing reloading manuals?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Yes, yes it is. If a person reloads a lot of cartridges or odd cartridges then I could justify $29.95. Otherwise it would make a lot more for 2 or 3 guys to share a subscription. How is that any different then sharing reloading manuals?

Look up "copyright infringement". To lend someone your copy of a reloading manual is not illegal; duplicating it and giving it to someone else most certainly is. If you ever have something published, you'll understand.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I use the site for a few years then let my subscription go for a while then go back to get the new stuff. I am a load data hoarder and have 3", 3 ring binders for each caliber I load with all the pages in clear, nonglare slip covers. :n00b:

I am now looking to get as much as I can on two new powders, CFE-223 and CFE-Pistol as I am finding it a pleasant powder to use. Got a couple of pounds finally and hoe I can score a lot more of the pistol for now.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I have used Load data for several years. I do have manuals and use them both. THe best aspect of the Load Data site is they will have load data for bullet weights that are not in any of the books or manuals. They have quite a bit more data on loads in different firearms. So to me it is well worth the price. Basically the price of a manual once a year and all the manuals are on their site. As I said plus data you will not find in the manuals.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For rifle and magnum pistol cartridges maybe? For common pistol cartridges using well established powders probably not. Lyman has a small pamphlet style book for certain cartridges. It is worth the $6-$7 bucks. The powder manufacturers websites are getting better. Now if you are wanting to reload as a hobby and tackle loading lots of different stuff then you need a manual.

I was not impressed with website mentioned by the OP. Instead of $30 a year I think a better investment would be a chronograph.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    A chronograph? Seriously?

Sure. How else would I figure out the velocities of my pistol reloads? I just borrowed a chrono to measure a bunch of pistol cartridges. Different powder charges and OAL. All the books do is list a range for powder with a given weight of bullet. What I need to know is how fast the bullet is going, is the load safe and will it function in my guns. But my goal is reloading pistol ammo for the range and action pistol sports. I need safe, reliable and affordable ammo. If I were interested in bullseye/target shooting then I would simply choose a starting charge that grouped the best in my gun.

I have never reloaded precision rifle or hi performance centerfire rifle. With all the choices in rifle powders and Calibers out there my guess is that a library of books and resources would be essential for the hobbyist reloader. For my purposes the Lyman book and manufacturer published data on the Internet have been good starting points for me.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Sure. How else would I figure out the velocities of my pistol reloads? I just borrowed a chrono to measure a bunch of pistol cartridges. Different powder charges and OAL. All the books do is list a range for powder with a given weight of bullet. What I need to know is how fast the bullet is going, is the load safe and will it function in my guns. But my goal is reloading pistol ammo for the range and action pistol sports. I need safe, reliable and affordable ammo. If I were interested in bullseye/target shooting then I would simply choose a starting charge that grouped the best in my gun.

I have never reloaded precision rifle or hi performance centerfire rifle. With all the choices in rifle powders and Calibers out there my guess is that a library of books and resources would be essential for the hobbyist reloader. For my purposes the Lyman book and manufacturer published data on the Internet have been good starting points for me.

Yes. a chrony will tell you the fps but it won't tell you if the load is safe or if it will function in your guns, nor will it tell you how your shots will group. About the only thing a chrony does for me is satisfy my curiosity of fps with a few of my micro pistols so I can adjust the load for how I want a projectile to perform in SD loads. For everything else I rely on visual inspection of the cases and performance at the range.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yes. a chrony will tell you the fps but it won't tell you if the load is safe or if it will function in your guns, nor will it tell you how your shots will group. About the only thing a chrony does for me is satisfy my curiosity of fps with a few of my micro pistols so I can adjust the load for how I want a projectile to perform in SD loads. For everything else I rely on visual inspection of the cases and performance at the range.

As do I. I even check load data against a minimum of 2 sources.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom