• LMT SOPMOD or VLTOR IMOD???

• Total voters

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    So im in the market for a buttstock and I have a few questions. I already have 2 vltor Imods and I really like them but I have had my eye on an LMT SOPMOD for awhile now. The reason I dont have one yet is kinda obvious, It is Crazy Expensive!! I can get 2 Imods for the price of one. But anyhow, Is it worth the extra money? Im looking for hands on experience. Im not wanting one just because I think its "cool" because its what the military is using or anything. I just think it is a nice looking stock with a great cheek weld. Plus Im just looking to try something different on this bulid.

Oh and the build is going to be a 16" noveske with an Aimpoint. Im sure I wouldve been asked this.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I feel the same way but there's a couple more that offer the great cheek weld. The Magpul ACS, STR & ACS-L. I still need to try one. I've tried just about everything else out there. Unlike the LMT & Vltor, the Magpul all lock up tight on the extension tube too.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    To me the SOPMOD looks like a regular old crappy CAR stock with a better cheekweld-- that's it. Certainly not "$200 cool" IMO.

If you absolutely HAD to have that look, the B5 version is about half the price.

So of the two my pick would be the VLTOR.

That being said, I'm a big fan of Magpul's stock offerings.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Of the two you mentioned, iMod hands down. But then, I'm a VLTOR fan. I'd also give the Magpul STR a long, hard look.

Im a Vltor fan as well. Ill have to give the STR a look.

To me the SOPMOD looks like a regular old crappy CAR stock with a better cheekweld-- that's it. Certainly not "$200 cool" IMO.

If you absolutely HAD to have that look, the B5 version is about half the price.

So of the two my pick would be the VLTOR.

That being said, I'm a big fan of Magpul's stock offerings.

Very good points. Ill probably just end up with a 3rd Vltor! :D

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    P1150888.jpg

P1150859.jpg

SOPMOD is one of my favorites........just got this IMod. It or the Magpul STR could easily replace it as a new favorite. :rockwoot:

P1150848.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A .mil buddy over in A'stan says he loves the Vltor stocks but that zig zag pattern on the stock rips his whisker hairs out. :D

I can't wait for the STR to start shipping in FDE! I think that's my winner right there.

Top Bottom