• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Dont know what model exactly. Anybody have info about this gun. Good, Bad? Guy wants to trade for my Taurus PT101AFS even. Good deal?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have had exactly one experience with the Llama. It was early on in my gun career. I got rid of it as quickly as I could. It was long ago enough that I can't remember why, but I do remember not being very happy with it. Dunno if it was just that gun or them in general though. It hadn't been the first 1911 I'd had at that point so I had had some experience with them.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    it's not a model 70 colt by any means....i have 1 and they are worth what you pay for them.....have ran over 500+rd through mine and no problems with jams....just not very consistent on target....i would get some boot in the trade if you trade....

colt gold match on the right.....LLAMA on the left....
    mufskh.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Be wary. Llama has had several owners, and quality has gone up and down. Some of 'em are pretty good, but I've yet to hear anyone say interchangeability is on a par with American 1911's. And, of course, lots of 'em are not a bit good.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    The older llama's were alot of trouble ...Feeding problems and such ..

With todays wide variety of mags and newer updates of the llama
    I have had no problems whatsoever feeding my minimax anything and everything ....

Not the top of the line 1911 by anymeans but i am happy with mine ...

And honestly I have had no trouble AT ALL with it while my friends Kimber has been in for repairs 2 times !!!!:dunno:

ilfishin

I don't like this
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I have owned a Llama 1911 for about 18 years. Carried it for about 10. Jammed a lot when I first got it, but once I polished the ramp and the throat it functioned flawlessly. They do have a bad reputation, but mine has served me well. I wouldn't let it go for anything. Well, almost anything.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I've always wanted to give one a try if I found a really good deal on it (which happens frequently with them). I would venture to say that your Taurus is a better firearm, so if you are happy with the Taurus, keep it. If you are not so crazy about the Taurus, I would try to get a little bit extra with the trade....ie. ammo, cash, etc.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Considering they LLAMA have been out of business for about 10 years ,if yours shoots and runs OK enjoy it . I have one that is flawless in operation
    some were bad,I must be lucky with mine .I think the 1911org forum has a sticky on what is interchangeable with 1911's some parts are ,some not but if you are lucky, the not parts will outlast you

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    I had a Llama .45 I bought new about 20 years ago and it was crap. The frame cracked with less than 500 rounds through it. I've known several people over the years that had similar experiences with them. You're better off to keep the Taurus.

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I owned a IX-A that malfunctioned with some regularity. The next round would try to feed before the spent case cleared the slide. Semi-autos don't get a second chance with me, I sold it.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    They are a crap shoot. I had a lot of them over the years. Mostly when I lived in the SW where they are more common. You never know if it is a good one or not until you shot it a while. Might be a good one or might be a nightmare. I would not trade even for it if I was you.

Top Bottom