I've played, but I'm not a pro.

What you need:
    22LR
    Package of little green army men
    Ammo
    Hot glue gun (or tape)
    4 foot piece of 1" x whatever you have lying around
    Tape measure

Step 1: Glue a dozen or so little green army men (now abbreviated LGAM) to the 4' piece of wood.

Step 2: Mark off a distance of approximately 8.5' and 10.25'

Step 3: Blast the crap out of LGAM

From what I'm told, at 8.5' it's like shooting a 6' target at 100 yards. At 10.25' it's similar to a 6' target at 200 yards. I'm not sure of the EXACT distances, so please don't quote me...I wasn't a math major :-) I'm sure someone out there can figure the exact distance to compare to 500 yards and 1000 yards.

We keep score; 1 point for a hit, 5 points for a torso shot, 10 point for a head shot. That is, if we can tell :):

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    My brother and I used to spend a couple of hours out in the field building forts for our LGAM, complete with bunkers and foxholes. Then we shot up each other forts with our 22's. Highest body count won the battle. The survivors?? We finished them off with the shotguns.

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    School of One-Upsmanship --
    We must have been sharpshooters (or too poor for LGAM). Our two favorite targets with our BB pistols were wasps and BBs lying on the ground.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    My brother and I used to spend a couple of hours out in the field building forts for our LGAM, complete with bunkers and foxholes. Then we shot up each other forts with our 22's. Highest body count won the battle. The survivors?? We finished them off with the shotguns.

Wow. My cousin and I did exactly the same thing back in the 1970's. We'd spend all morning building little trenches and bunkers and pallisade walls of sticks. Then we'd man the fort with green army men and take turns shooting it all up. Mom would have to force us to come inside for meals. Man that was fun. I think I know what I'm gonna do with my kids this afternoon.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    After Action Report

Before dinner last night I rounded up the kids and explained this game to them. My oldest two have Daisy Red Ryders and my youngest has a Daisy Buck. They rounded up all of their green army men and drafted a contingent of red firemen and a lime green robot. Their "fort" consisted of a pair of diet coke cans filled with water, a stick with a leaf on it for a flag, a fence made out of upright sticks and a big stick to represent a fallen tree. We set the firing line out about ten yards and they went to town, taking turns shooting strings of three shots each. The photo below was taken towards the end of the "battle".

33keyph.jpg

Top Bottom