• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yet another nonsensical dog-pile, that people are only comfortable doing when the person isn't around to defend themselves.

+1 INGO. Good job.

Thanks! I don't get many plus ones as I am a part of INGO as are you....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Where is the "dogpile" I posted I didn't see any bannable offense?
    There wasn't one. A couple people were for it, a couple people were against it. I assume the majority didn't care one way or another, like me. He never made my ignore list because although I disagreed with him and found him abrasive, I never thought he was just a troll.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just going to chime in here.
    Staff has full discretion in these matters.
    We do not always see eye to eye but we do back these decisions.
    I was not the Mod that put Alpo in the corner. There had to be a good reason or it would not have been done.
    Alpo will have the opportunity to return if he chooses to do so.
    No, we do not want an echo chamber.
    What you see on the surface often runs deeper.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1) Alpo isn't a "was". He is an "is", though temporarily suspended.

2) Alpo isn't anti-gun.

3) Alpo has said he is a Democrat, but he also said he did not vote for HRC.

4) He strikes me as a "get off my lawn you whippersnappers" kind of crotchety moderate democrat, who is also smitten by the Keynesian wet dream. He seems more like a working class sort of Democrat and not a social justice progressive nutbag. From some of his comments it seems he laments the social justice progressive wing of the party has taken over.

5) I think he imagined himself as conservative until he came here and the new datapoints caused him to reevaluated his position in the political spectrum.

6) He has as much right as any of us to post here. He doesn't have any more right than any of us to openly insult other members.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yet another nonsensical dog-pile, that people are only comfortable doing when the person isn't around to defend themselves.

+1 INGO. Good job.

I dog-piled him while he was here to defend himself, from beneath a dog-pile at that. Such fun!

I hope he returns.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I dog-piled him while he was here to defend himself, from beneath a dog-pile at that. Such fun!

I hope he returns.

So the dog-piled are also the dog-pilers. Are they dog-pilers or the dog-piled-dogpilers? What if those dog-pilers get dog-piled? I'm so confused!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    An echo chamber is preferable I guess.

People aren't banned for disagreeing. They are banned for their presentation. I don't know or care what Alpo said, but this echo chamber comes up when bans are made fairly often. There are plenty of disagreements and discussions here that aren't resulting in bans.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    People aren't banned for disagreeing. They are banned for their presentation. I don't know or care what Alpo said, but this echo chamber comes up when bans are made fairly often. There are plenty of disagreements and discussions here that aren't resulting in bans.
    I was not referring to the ban. I was referring to those comments about not wanting people with different opinions here.

I do not know, but I do care about what got him banned. It is always good to know where the line is and what it takes to cross it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    True. Mostly echo chambers are brought up after some INGOers seem to hi-five the loss of a lefter member.

Edit: nevermind. KLB addressed it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

+1 INGO. Good job.

Yeah, Alpo should just put everyone who disagrees with him on ignore. That'll show 'em. Maybe give them all a chance to admit they're wrong just before they're proven correct

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Let's review where we are (geographically and Internet-ally): INGO is Indiana (a long way from Martha's Vineyard or the Left Coast) Gun Owners (literally means people who own guns). People who come here will have some pretty similar views on a lot of things. We don't have the same interests or take up the "end justifies the means" mantra that some opposed to our views do.

I would say an "echo chamber" is found other places, such as ones who think feelings of exclusion justify running over strangers with your car then stabbing them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom