• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    A great list that cites sources and studies ranging from the correlation between gun ownership and crime rates in the US and Europe to a study by Gun Owners of America showing that the governments of the world slaughtered more than 170 million of their own people during the 20th century, and the vast majority of those people had been disarmed by their own governments prior to being slaughtered.

- See more at: 18 Little-Known Gun Facts That Prove That Guns Make Us Safer | The Daily Sheeple

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    A great list that cites sources and studies ranging from the correlation between gun ownership and crime rates in the US and Europe to a study by Gun Owners of America showing that the governments of the world slaughtered more than 170 million of their own people during the 20th century, and the vast majority of those people had been disarmed by their own governments prior to being slaughtered.

- See more at: 18 Little-Known Gun Facts That Prove That Guns Make Us Safer | The Daily Sheeple

Quotes of quotes of quotes of discredited and misinterpreted sources.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gun ownership and public safety are not in a simple correlation. Public safety is something with many moving pieces. There are some societies that are much safer than the US, and they have no guns. There are also societies with more guns per capita than the US, and they are safer than the US. Likewise, some societies that are less safe than the US have more guns, and others have fewer guns. The link posted above is a gross simplification.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Gun ownership and public safety are not in a simple correlation. Public safety is something with many moving pieces. There are some societies that are much safer than the US, and they have no guns. There are also societies with more guns per capita than the US, and they are safer than the US. Likewise, some societies that are less safe than the US have more guns, and others have fewer guns. The link posted above is a gross simplification.

Agreed. Life is never as simple as one factor explains another factor-- not in anything that we''d consider social science.

Moreover, I think there's a dangerous downside to trying to JUSTIFY the right to defend yourself. It's the idea that the the right of defense and of bearing arms is contingent upon some kind of societal benefit for its legitimacy.

Nope.

I have the right under our Consititution-- period. I don't give a flying flip what anyone says about crime rates or what THEY do with THEIR guns.

There's only one crime statistic that's relevant, and that's keeping the number of violent crimes committed against me and mine at zero.

JMO

Top Bottom