• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    Being a rookie and looking to purchase my first handgun, I am searching for online forms and applications for the lifetime concealed permit. I also wish to take the class that allows me to carry in most other states as well.

Does this site have a page with links to (or even exist online)

The lifetime concealed permit

A list of time/places totake the classroom course required to carry in most other states

getting downtown before 4:30 to get the forms is difficult, and I only want to make one trip to get finger printed. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you from the Rookie

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    You'll find a lot of information in the INGO FAQ (check out the link in my sig line). I'd recommend putting a call in to the department that will be taking your application to see how they prefer payment - some offices seem to want cash only, others want it in a money order.

Also, there always seems to be a Utah class going on somewhere. Check out the Tactics & Training forum for the next location & date. :)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Utah information here:

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class

The instructor listed there is minuteman32 here on INGO. You might email him at the address listed in the link or send him a PM here to find out when he's going to do the next class.

Edit: Does Acton have a local PD? If not, find out who would respond to calls in your area, i.e. local Sheriff's Department or other PD. You shouldn't have to go downtown to do this, just find the local LEO and call/stop in there.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Thanks, Pami, ill check it out.

Update, I just got my application and some clarification, as I didn't realize the LTCH in indiana means you can carry concealed.

Question (before i check FAQ): Can you apply for lifetime right away, or do u have to wait until your first renewal?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks, Pami, ill check it out.

Update, I just got my application and some clarification, as I didn't realize the LTCH in indiana means you can carry concealed.

Question (before i check FAQ): Can you apply for lifetime right away, or do u have to wait until your first renewal?

It's in the FAQ. ;) You have to wait until your current license is within 6 months of expiring before you may apply for your renewal (whether you're renewing for a 4-year or a lifetime is irrelevant). This only refers to an Indiana permit, so if you have an out-of-state permit it doesn't apply. I recommend skipping the 4-year altogether and just getting the lifetime.

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    Utah information here:

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class

The instructor listed there is minuteman32 here on INGO. You might email him at the address listed in the link or send him a PM here to find out when he's going to do the next class.

Edit: Does Acton have a local PD? If not, find out who would respond to calls in your area, i.e. local Sheriff's Department or other PD. You shouldn't have to go downtown to do this, just find the local LEO and call/stop in there.

Acton does not have a local PD. How do I find out who responds/where to go for paper work?

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Usually if you don't have a local town PD then it falls to the county sheriff...That is where I would call and check first.

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    You'll find a lot of information in the INGO FAQ (check out the link in my sig line). I'd recommend putting a call in to the department that will be taking your application to see how they prefer payment - some offices seem to want cash only, others want it in a money order.

Also, there always seems to be a Utah class going on somewhere. Check out the Tactics & Training forum for the next location & date. :)

Thank you, I skimmed the FAQ and it was helpful. I will get more in depth when I have time this evening. I am still trying to figure out another option besides going downtown to the sherffs/city building. I called beachgrove and they denied me. Still waiting to hear back from southport PD.

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    Well I did my application online, made the trip downtown to get finger printed and paid the local fee, the state fee was paid online, and finished up at L-1 to get fingerprinted again.

I guess i should be g2g?

Do you need to have anything noterized? (spelling?)

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I filled out paperwork and went and turned it in, $10 local, $30 state money order, fingerprinted, done. The nice lady told me 10 - 16 weeks ! Whoa.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Looks like the waiting period is getting longer all the time. probably from the onslaught of applications the ISP is getting. I have several friends who sent in their apps back in early Dec. 09 and they are still waiting for their license to arrive.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Looks like the waiting period is getting longer all the time. probably from the onslaught of applications the ISP is getting. I have several friends who sent in their apps back in early Dec. 09 and they are still waiting for their license to arrive.

They should have them soon. When I called last week, they were working on beginning of December. Mine, of course, went in at the _end_ of December.

Now is when those of us who got our LTCH juuuuuust before it changed to Lifetime get to renew.

Also, on a related note, one of the bills making it's way through the Legislature now will extend the time to renew on the 4 yr LTCH from six months to a year. Apparently, this was initially put in place on request of ISP to help manage the onslaught of applications. I'm glad to see it changing, but personally, it no longer affects me; my app for my Lifetime LTCH is in. :rockwoot:

Blessings,
    Bill

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Were you intending to apply for a lifetime? because those aren't the fees associated with the lifetime fyi.

No, the wife talked me out of it this time, so i did the 4 yr personal protection.

Fun fact: When i went in on monday to get my application, the nice lady told me i was the FIFTH of the day, and it was 1pm. She said, "If this keeps up, all of Westfield will have their permit" I laughed. As i left, the guy behind me: "Can i get paperwork for a gun permit?" :D I asked when i turned in my application, total count for Monday was 8 people picking up applications!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    elijaharchiive
    Top Bottom