• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Well it all started with the sig P250, for 500 dollars I was impressed. "If this shoots so nice for 500, I wonder what the $800 sigs shoot like" so then came the sig P229 with a killer deal of 770+tax at sportsman cove in Leo. Needless to say I'm hooked on sig sauer and will be buying more from their lineup

wjz23c.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was a huge Sig fan for a long time. Then I caught the CZ bug and I can't get over it. I still like Sig but I think the new ones are over priced for what they are.

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Yup...you will definitely be looking for a P226, then you will be looking for W German made SIGs, then, YOU HAVE GOT to get a P228. No doubt, you will come across a P6 at a screaming deal, which will lead you to looking for a P225...

Been there...

You forgot the P220, which though it does not accept double stack magazines, is the best Sig pistol made aside from the P210. I wouldn't trade my 9mm "European" one or my .45acp "American" models for a 226, though I do enjoy my 226. Now if only I could get my Sig happy hands on a 220 in .38 Super and one of the ultra rare ones in .30 Luger. But aside from forgetting the 220, you're right. Once you start buying Sigs, they multiply rapidly.

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    You have the same type of addiction I got into... :D

Mine started with their other polymer wonder, the Sig Pro 2022. You owe it to yourself to try one of those out, they are an incredible value

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    You forgot the P220, which though it does not accept double stack magazines, is the best Sig pistol made aside from the P210. I wouldn't trade my 9mm "European" one or my .45acp "American" models for a 226, though I do enjoy my 226. Now if only I could get my Sig happy hands on a 220 in .38 Super and one of the ultra rare ones in .30 Luger. But aside from forgetting the 220, you're right. Once you start buying Sigs, they multiply rapidly.

Yes, I did forget the P220. I have 2...one a W. German one and the other is a "Montage Suisse"...both in 9mm.

RipkinC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Indy
    welcome to the club! I got infected with the signess when I got my first handgun ever, a sig p220 and now am always looking for a deal on other models. I really wand t p228 in 357sig some day but the new p227 and p224 have my eye too. too bad my income is not up to sig standards so it takes time between purchases. I love the older west german models but the americans are ok too. mecgear mags are great replacments for factory (they make most of the models for sig anyway) and for the p220 look at act mags, good ones too at about 2/3s the cost of factory

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Also bit by the Sig bug, though mine started by shooting a friends P220. "Nah, that thing is way too big to fit my hands." Which quickly turned into "Doesn't...Matter..." But stumbled on a trade deal for a Sig PRO 2340, which lead to me jonsing for a P225 or P6 (where's these screaming deals you were speaking of SS357? :spend:) and a P226 to go EDC with. Then I hear of this P227....

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    hi, i'm shootersix, and im a sig-a-holic(everybody says hi shootersix)

it started with a pos colt i couldnt get to work right, i walked into a gunshow, and met my enabler, he traded a p239 for my colt anaconda, i had a good grasp on my addiction(15 years), but it was just to strong, in a moment of weekness, i found a german 226(two years ago), like new, with the box, paperwork, two mags, and the test target!, and just a few weeks ago, i fell off the wagon HARD, i got my fix, it was a browning bda .45 acp(aka sig p220 european) in great shape, with one mag! (no box paperwork or target) but i had to have it(everybody gasps!)

and just two weeks ago, i was a day late, i almost traded a shotgun on a p6, but the person had sold the p6 the day before, but i guess its for the best.(im crying on the inside)

DAMN YOU SIG SAUER!!!!!, it's all your fault...i need help! someone help me please!, the ants are crawling on me!!!!!, i need more sigs!

anybody want to trade a 225 or p6 on a mossberg 935 shotgun?

(everybody gets up and gives me a hug and says be strong you can beat the addiction!)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Shame you didn't mention that at NFA Noob Day 2012, I was carrying a P226 Navy. I would've let you shoot it as much as you wanted!

Thanks for that. I'm kind of funny about asking folks about stuff like that...the silly thing is, if I know somebody had an interest in something of mine, I'd be more than happy to let them try it out.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Now that someone else mentioned Glock, crazy thing I was a big Sig fan(229,220) and carried the 229 for years. Really enjoyed them, they shot great. But then started noticing I didn't like the DA/SA functioning. Now I'm 1911, Glock and Hi-Power fan, althought I have my eyes on a Sig 1911 and 556r.

tiretrack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    our side o the wire
    through a weird progression we ended up buying a 938 extreme. I had read mixed reviews but my wife loved the feel of the slide and the mini 1911 handling.After a couple of range session with FTF,FTE, and light primer strikes we shipped it back to sig also asking that the sights be changed because when it did fire we all were consistently hitting low. Sig warranty people were good on the phone and returned quickly. the paperwork they sent back said they changed the recoil spring and had 0 failures and to correct the low hits we should concentrate more...now I try to take criticism well but but the other 4 handguns we were using all shot well that day.So i didn't have much hope. Here the funny part,100 rounds later. 0 malfunctions, still shoots low. I am feeling better about the gun ,love the handling. Next range I guess i'll concentrate more:dunno:

Top Bottom