• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    While I'm not a smoker, I do use my lighter to finish off knots in my poly cord...however, just a little bit ago, my tank shattered. Anybody experienced this?

f35f93fe.jpg

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    While I'm not a smoker, I do use my lighter to finish off knots in my poly cord...however, just a little bit ago, my tank shattered. Anybody experienced this?

f35f93fe.jpg

Yeah after I run them over with my truck.

So you just tried to light it and this was the outcome? Easy their Superman, it is only plastic.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I had a Scripto Vu-Tane blow up in my pocket in Paris Island in '67. Beautiful "Fish Hook" model. I bought my first real lighter at the PX the next day. A real Metal Zippo. I still have it. Worn out but afraid to send it in for fear of not getting it back.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Huge selection of jet lighters here, free shipping, low cost. Just be aware that it will take about 3 weeks to get here. I've ordered quite a few things from here, never had a problem.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Get whatever regular Zippo you want, then get a Z-Plus jet-flame butane conversion.

I've been reading fitment can be an issue... Anybody here who owns a zippo lighter can tell me how durable they are?

Edit: I really like this zippo blu lighter, however it's $60 bucks. Looks nice!!

http://www.elighters.com/zippo30053.html

Last edited:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Also, I am glad that I found out about the tank issue the time I did instead of when I was using it...that would have been bad!

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Really???? Ever consider a box of waterproof matches? You should have some in your go bag anyhooo. (Not a misspelling, I have spell-check) This reminds me of a guy that brought his model airplane in the shop and said he has never been able to get it off the ground. It was obvious both wings were glued back on after being torn off. I asked him if he had run over it with his car.

It never ceases to amaze me what I read in forums.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Really???? Ever consider a box of waterproof matches? You should have some in your go bag anyhooo. (Not a misspelling, I have spell-check) This reminds me of a guy that brought his model airplane in the shop and said he has never been able to get it off the ground. It was obvious both wings were glued back on after being torn off. I asked him if he had run over it with his car.

It never ceases to amaze me what I read in forums.

Like these?

d55e6103.jpg

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Called the original place that I got the lighter from, was told the manufacture has a one year warranty however I have to include 7.50 for shipping and handling after paying to have it sent there. So I get it fix, buy a new one, or get a cheap $3 jet lighter from Wally mart that doesn't burn as big/hot?

Top Bottom