• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    Sent in for mine this week, I figure if Mitch isn't around after the dust settles in November (God forbid) I better have it secure in my wallet before the next Govenor or a certian majority party makes it go away. If your permit is due to expire this year you might consider upgrading to lifetime ASAP. It's $40.00 to your local law enforcement and $60.00 to the State of Indiana. You must be within 6 months of your current license's expiration date to renew and upgrade. I strongly suggest you get one while you can. I can't tell you how much the lifetime permit makes sense to me, it's a no brainer...that's why somebody in the Statehouse is likley to try to get rid of it! Jim

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    With what it is going to cost in income for the State in the long term I can see them discontinuing. Not saying I'm agin it, of course, as I happily got mine.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    If you look at Utah, they charge $60 for a first time license, and only like $10 or $11 to renew after that. I imagine that $10 or $11 covers the man hours involved in actually filing the paperwork and updating the computer.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    :n00b::runaway::runaway::runaway:

RUNNNNNN!!!

Seriously though, Gov can't disallow it, it would have to be an act of the state legislature. THERE IS NO BILL TO DO THIS NOW, AND THERE HAS BEEN NO PROOF OF ANYONE WANTING TO REPEAL THE LIFETIME. Relax guys, and stop the panicking/fear-mongering :thumbsup:

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    What you call Panic, I call Prudence. Simple point of perspective that's all. Need I remind you that one of the Candidates for President wants to eliminate ALL carry permits? If not a cause for panic it's certainly something to reflect upon.

Obama:
    Rather than create a national registry, “I do think we have to do a better job sharing information between local and federal officials,” Obama said yesterday.

He differs with McCain and Clinton about whether people should be allowed to carry concealed guns. Clinton and McCain oppose outlawing it.

“I am not in favor of concealed weapons,” Obama said. “I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

You need more proof of anyone wanting to take away your Concealed Carry permit? Just keep telling yourself "All is well, all is well". All is not well, my friend, all is not well.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    He differs with McCain and Clinton about whether people should be allowed to carry concealed guns. Clinton and McCain oppose outlawing it.

If you really think there's any difference between Obama and Hitlery on this issue, you've not been paying attention. I take it back, there's one difference-he has a greater likelihood of getting into an office where he could possibly make it happen. Other than that, on this issue, they're as identical as a Black man and a White woman can be.

McCain's no prize either, but of the three, he's the best bad choice.

Blessings,
    B

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I am not so sure Bill of Rights. Hillary is undoubtedly a politician, plus she would have Bill there "helping" her. Bill never tried to get it done because he knew there would be a huge political price to be paid and I think Hillary would be the same. Obama is showing himself more of a politician lately but he has come off as more of a kool-aid drinking true believer for a lot of these liberal policies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bill and Hillary have always been in it for the power. "Politics" is their drug. They have no interest in bettering society; they're just looking for their next "fix".

And anyway, Hillary has already had her two terms in the White House.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    What you call Panic, I call Prudence. Simple point of perspective that's all. Need I remind you that one of the Candidates for President wants to eliminate ALL carry permits? If not a cause for panic it's certainly something to reflect upon.

First of all, you were saying a new governor at first. He cannot do it, it would take an act of the state legislature. The new president cannot either, would take an act of Congress. I have my lifetime permit, HOWEVER, if a president WERE able to and willing to disallow concealed carry, there is no way they would be grandfathered in.

Also, we're safe if they disallow the issuance/use of "Concealed Carry Permits" since we don't have those anyway :thumbsup:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I do think it is prudent to maintain vigilence on this issue. I've only had mt LTCH for a few months now, but I'm not sure how I got along without it.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    :wavey:Sent for my lifetime LTC four weeks ago, should get it soon. :cool: I let my LTC expire, cost me $10, to town marshall, $75, to the state. Sorta screwed up how the cost to the local constabulary is different in different places.
    :cheers:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I would highly recommend getting your Lifetime LTCH as soon as you can! I was at Gander Mtn. and I overheard a conversation between a customer and an employee at the gun counter. The customer thought that he could get his LTCH at Gander (for whatever reason) and the employee then told him how to go about applying. He then told him that the Lifetime permits will no longer be available after August! OMGWTFSHTFBBQLOLABC123HI2U

I guess he got the memo? :dunno: I should have told him they were outlawing .45 too. :):

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have three more months to go before I can apply for my lifetime, but I'll be sure to get it as soon as I can. Not worried about it going away really, but on the other hand there is nothing you can do about it until you can apply so worrying about it can't really help you. Unless you are moving out of state, or 92 years old I cant see why would not get it once you have the chance though.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    UPDATE:

Sent off for my lifetime LTC on May 30, recieved it June 27. About 12 hours after my post above. Four weeks is not bad.
    :popcorn2:

Top Bottom