• ...and so much more!
  • Lifeboat #3: Character Actors

• Total voters

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's time for another edition of Lifeboat! During our last Lifeboat, you jerks ruthlessly murdered Steve McQueen, and all because there wasn't room on the boat for him. That's right, you drowned him with your bare hands. I hope you're happy with yourselves. Well, there was another accident at sea, and there are only three seats on this lifeboat, too.

You know the rules, but here they are for you Lifeboat Newbs:

This game is called Lifeboat.

The rules: The four people in the poll are on a sinking ship. There is only one lifeboat, and sadly, there is only enough room for three people. One of them is going to drown. You have to decide who. You also have to explain and defend your decision. You know, because this is a discussion forum, not a voting booth.

Difficulty: No loopholes. If you're looking for a loophole, then you're missing the point of the game.

Today's conundrum: Character actors

• John Turturo
    • Steve Buscemi
    • John Malkovich
    • William H. Macy
    That's right, you have to decide which beloved character actor goes in the drink.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    ^^This..."Being John Malkovich" is great. And did you see "Burn After Reading"? He's great in that too...not to mention "ConAir"

But...i still voted to give him the boot. While he's a good actor, i think in real life i would be annoyed with his "know-it-all" attitude and him constantly talking down to everyone. If he wasnt the first to sleep with the fishes, he'd be a close second.

Edit: He may not be that bad in real life, ive never met him...but thats the impression i get

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Turturo better be able to swim !

It was a toss up between him and Macy for me .

Fargo SUCKED ! But Mystery Men saved him , all hail the shoveler !

Buscemi will always get a seat for his rendition of Dr. Strangelove in that asteroid movie .

Malkovich , well he plays a really good criminal in both Con Air and in that movie he did with Eastwood where he played a hit man trying to kill the president .

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What is the matter with you people? Fargo sucked?! Turturo better be able to swim?! Turturo is one of the greatest character actors of all time!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    John Turturro is fish food!
    To me he is nowhere close to the other 3. Buscemi and Malkovich both in CON-AIR. Macy in Fargo (with Buscemi) and the narrator for Curious George plus who can forget Wild Hogs!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    For what , the zohan and Oh brother movies ? Well yeah there's that other steaming pile with John Cusak .

Are. You. Kidding. Me.

The Big Lebowski?
    O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    Quiz Show?
    Barton Fink?
    The Color of Money?
    Rounders?

And any one of dozens of others?!

I swear, if a movie doesn't have robots or things exploding, INGO won't like it. You're all savages. Savages, I say!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    John Turturo. Not really tough enough to be a gangster, not funny, and I can't remember much about his movies.

Macy redeemed himself in Wild Hogs.

The other two have had several good movies.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Are. You. Kidding. Me.

The Big Lebowski?
    O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    Quiz Show?
    Barton Fink?
    The Color of Money?
    Rounders?

And any one of dozens of others?!

I swear, if a movie doesn't have robots or things exploding, INGO won't like it. You're all savages. Savages, I say!
    He was awesome in Mr Deeds, but I voted him off because I couldnt put the name with the face.

You should do a lifeboat thread with INGO members :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He was awesome in Mr Deeds, but I voted him off because I couldnt put the name with the face.

The fact that you don't recognize him in the dozens of films he's been in should tell you what a great character actor he is. He's like Gary Oldman. He can be anybody you need him to be. Of the four, John Turturro should be the safest, not the one people are slinging off willy-nilly into the drink. If anything, I'd think that INGO would love him because he was in the movies with the exploding robots.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The fact that you don't recognize him in the dozens of films he's been in should tell you what a great character actor he is. He's like Gary Oldman. He can be anybody you need him to be. Of the four, John Turturro should be the safest, not the one people are slinging off willy-nilly into the drink. If anything, I'd think that INGO would love him because he was in the movies with the exploding robots.

I recognize his face just fine, just had no idea of his name. I loved his character in the robot movie too. He was just so scary fast in Mr Deeds and that cracked me up.

Top Bottom