LIFAN 7hp gas engine Vs Honda? Any good.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Went to Aqua Blast in Decatur for a pressure washer. First model offered was a Honda powered, 4gpm, 4000psi unit. When I asked what the next step down was, the salesman offered a LIFAN 7 hp, 3gpm, 2700psi. This unit cost less, had a built in hose reel and electric start. Right away my wife liked the electric start. Any info on LIFAN? Never heard of it myself. I have used pressure washers before but never paid attention to the specs. Home use only here, siding, side-by-side, vehicles, sidewalks and patios. What gpm/psi combo do I need? Basically went here because I had heard much good about Aqua Blast from farmers/contractors and they advertise on WOWO. All input appreciated.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Looked up on amazon. To many bad reviews for me. 42% 1 star to 45% 5 star reviews. (Second look that was based off 12 total reviews.)

When you google who owns them there is a website with a bad gateway error.

If it were me, I'd get the honda based off the 2 options you gave.

Reactions: Leo

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I don't know what the price was that you are looking at but I got one at Home depot that is a Ryobi brand with a Honda engine in it. Right now they have a 3100 psi 2.3GPM for $399. I have had this same model for 3 years with moderate use and it works great. Starts on first or second pull every time.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    When I was looking at a small lawnmower, the model with the Honda got a ton of complaints over the Briggs due to the Honda engine. Maybe even the renowned Honda small engines are suffering from the IDGAF mentality of this world?! The old Honda engines couldn't be beat. My dad has a 20+ year old pressure washer and it runs like new. The new ones maybe not so much? A good "China" small engine are those Predators from Harbor Freight. Oddly enough, Honda clones.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been around a Chinese made generator. It actually worked ok for a while. It quit running. No shop would work on it. No factory service was available. A friend with great small equipment skills said he would take a look, even though he really did not want to. He confirmed that no parts were available.

He ended up modifying parts from something else and got it running. It was really time consuming. He did not want to work on it anymore.

That would be my hesitation for a lesser known piece of equipment.

I know it is now an antique, but my gas pressure washer is a Craftsman purchased in 2005. Briggs and Straton engine. I only use it a few times a year. If it sits too long I have to pour the sour gas out and put it fresh gas. It always starts and runs with fresh gas.

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Step away from the name brand of the pressure washer for a minute and look at what it really is. An engine, a pump, and a pressure regulator. Beyond that you are looking at a frame, and hose and gun. Look at the manufacturer and model of the pump and the engine, that is what really matters, whomever picks them out, bolts them together and puts their name on them doesn't really matter. Honda engines and Cat pumps are considered the cream of the crop last time I looked, other manufacturers follow a downward slope. Then you have the engines and pumps that are built not to be serviced and thrown away.
    I doubt that anyone who has used pressure washers would ever say that too much psi or volume is a thing unless they don't have enough water supply. Its easy to throttle down for less power and flow, more difficult to go past full throttle when it is taking too long or not able to clean what you are working on.

I have 13hp, 3.5 gpm and 4000 psi and often wish I had more.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I only use it a few times a year. If it sits too long I have to pour the sour gas out and put it fresh gas. It always starts and runs with fresh gas.
    Get some Pri-G fuel stabilizer. Works amazingly well. So much better than Stabil. I have used it in gas I stored five years ago. I treat mine once a year in case I get behind on rotating my cans stored for generator and emergencies.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom