• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyS3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Fishers
    I've purchased 4 guns in the past couple months and now feel that it would be wise to purchase a safe. At first, I looked at purchasing the little Stack On safe at Lowes for a couple hundred. Then, I looked online and watch 2 guys break into that safe in 45 seconds using 2 crowbars. Since going on the Dave Ramsey plan, I use cash for 90% of my financial transactions and can have a bit of money in cash at any point. Perhaps it would be wise to invest a bit more than a couple hundred to protect several thousands of dollars worth of cash, guns, and miscellaneous other stuff. I am looking really hard at the Liberty Fatboy Jr. I can get it delivered by Lowes for $1200 otd. Anyone have a safe they particularly love or have suggestions? I'm looking to spend $800-$1200. Do they have good deals on safes at the 1500.

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    Just like everything else, you usually get what you pay for. I just bought a 48 gun Stack-On Elite series on black Friday. It listed for $1200, I paid $649. Im sure its not the best safe out there, but it was to good of a price for me to pass up.

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    I have the Fat boy Jr. Great safe for the money. Go to Liberty's website and watch some of the abuse videos. They will set your mind at ease. I would recommend getting the door kit for the safe. It frees up a lot of shelf space by keeping hand guns on the door and two cool-pockets for document are included.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Your money will go further with Johnson Safe. Good guy and locally built!

He is the only safe guy that sets up at the 1500. Stop by and say hello.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i like my liberty fine. will it stop a determined person? no, nothing short of a hardened vault will do that.

however it will keep out small hands, and bastards looking for a quick score. unless theres an influx of master safe crackers, few will be willing to drill at steel for hours.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I bought a Liberty a year or two ago and can recommend them highly. A safe is an insurance policy. The more valuables you have, the better you'll probably want to protect them. So, take a look at the specs and make sure you're busting enough safe to protect your investments. Also, buy a bigger safe than you'll think you'll need.

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    I bought a Liberty Fatboy at Gander Mountain, on sale, $1400+ otd. It's a 64 gun safe, way bigger than I need. I have dreams and visions of filling it up. It weighs 880 lbs and came with the door organizer.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Your money will go further with Johnson Safe. Good guy and locally built!

He is the only safe guy that sets up at the 1500. Stop by and say hello.

+1 on Johnson Safe! I met with Jeff at the Indy 1500 a couple of years ago and had some specific needs. We spoke for about half an hour and a few weeks later, I had a safe that was built exactly how I wanted delivered to exactly where I wanted it placed. Great price, great product, great service and great guy to deal with. My next safe will be a Johnson Safe and I won't waste my time looking for anything else.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I got an employee discount when I bought mine. Saved around 5 to 600 dollars. I didnt work there, just had a talk with the manager. Might give that a try. Never hurts to haggle.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I've purchased 4 guns in the past couple months and now feel that it would be wise to purchase a safe. At first, I looked at purchasing the little Stack On safe at Lowes for a couple hundred. Then, I looked online and watch 2 guys break into that safe in 45 seconds using 2 crowbars. Since going on the Dave Ramsey plan, I use cash for 90% of my financial transactions and can have a bit of money in cash at any point. Perhaps it would be wise to invest a bit more than a couple hundred to protect several thousands of dollars worth of cash, guns, and miscellaneous other stuff. I am looking really hard at the Liberty Fatboy Jr. I can get it delivered by Lowes for $1200 otd. Anyone have a safe they particularly love or have suggestions? I'm looking to spend $800-$1200. Do they have good deals on safes at the 1500.

Whats the deal with buying a Liberty and getting it delivered by Lowes? Can Lowes special order these?

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I bought a Cannon Wide body 48 Gun this summer and it's darn near full time I put all my ammo and other stuff in it. No matter which one you get, make sure it's bigger than you think you will need. They fill up fast. Overall I'm very happy with the Cannon.

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    I've had my Fat Boy Jr. for a little over 3 years now & I love it! I got mine at Gander Mt. for $999. I believe the new version has higher fire rating (extra layer of drywall) and electronic lock. I had a bad experience with an electronic lock safe and will stick with S&G manual locks from now on.

Also... technically the Fat Boy Jr. is a Residential Security Container, and not a "Safe". That wasn't important to me, but just throwing it out there.

Top Bottom