Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Ok I will try this approach, tell me how boycotting a safe Co, (assuming its an American company that employs Americans) is going to fix the DOJs attacks on what we”assume” are conservative patriots. I don’t see it accomplishing anything of the sort it seems to me to be opium of sorts to those who feel the need to do “something”. It’s very telling on the previous posts that the desire here is for an echo chamber and any real dissent or discussion is met with name calling and attacks on character etc. I’m happy to discuss in person as unlike the majority of those I am not eloquent and don’t have humorous memes in queue to attack those who may disagree with the narrative.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Oh jesus ****ing christ.... No one is ****ing attacking your opinion. You made a dumb comment. We all have. You continuing to double down is not helping.

But, to answer you question: The safe company (or apple, or whomever has the access to a customers stuff) should not just willingly give in at a moments notice. They should REQUIRE the authorities to provide the necessary documents and subpoenas and then still tell them to **** off. If they truly understand their customer base they will also understand that we, their customers, do NOT appreciate the overstepping of this 3-letter agency and to do all we can to make their life harder.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I opted for a mechanical lock when I bought my Liberty because didn't trust the electronic ones.
    It's getting harder and harder to find safes with a mechanical dial. If shtf where am I gonna get batteries to keep it working? In the event of fire, how will the keypad and plastic bits of the electronic lock fare to allow access after fires gone? Electronic ones usually have key access in event of electronic failure, how is this any more secure from picking?

I get the "convenience" factor of the digitals but what's wrong with a good dial? It never needs a battery, and I can open it in seconds (although I keep a firearm with reach of the bed). If I'm in the house I'll sometimes have 2 of the 3 numbers already dialed so all I need to do is one number and I'm in.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The more information that comes out on Liberty safe the more I see them losing even more business.
    Handing out info to the feds and now we know they are owned by leftist democrats just isn't going to be good for them in the coming months, or years to come.
    I think Liberty safes will have some great sale prices soon.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    tell me how boycotting a safe Co, (assuming its an American company that employs Americans) is going to fix the DOJs attacks on what we”assume” are conservative patriots.
    Well first of it WAS an American company employing Americans, it is now owned by a leftist hedge fund and god only knows what they will do with the company. Maybe they are planning to make bank supplying the government with safes…

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Well first of it WAS an American company employing Americans, it is now owned by a leftist hedge fund and god only knows what they will do with the company. Maybe they are planning to make bank supplying the government with safes…
    Well they employ 400 people in Utah who have bills and kids etc. Maybe they could have resisted some but again they are not the problem, they make a product, here in America even! They are now owned by a liberal corporation of sorts, yeah well so are some firearm manufacturers. Most large employers are owned by some liberal parent company I don't like it either. So we want to boycott them because they did what they really had no choice but to do anyway? Does anyone think any other safe Co. will actually resist BWAHAHAHAHA yeah right. I'll tell you what, I will pick up any serviceable Liberty gun safe in Indiana and haul it away for free.

To answer those who said I made a dumb comment about not calling out the DOJ, I obviously (to me anyway) meant in this thread and this raid, if you spent as much energy attacking the Feds and the locals that assist them as you have me then kudos to you, maybe if you actually send THEM the mean tweets/memes they will hang their head in shame and act right.

Top Bottom