• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I was doing some shopping at Walmart and I decided to walk by the ammo case. Didn't see anything that I had to have so I looked down the isle and saw this thing. I just don't understand the point of it and it was listed at $299. I can find a much better "gun" for that kind of money that would actually stop an intruder.
    Less Than Lethal Shotgun

P11-26-14_10-20.jpg

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like it shoots something similar to pepperball rounds. We've got the pepperball guns here and they shoot much faster than that. Probably shoot closer to 400fps. 240 seems a bit slow. It is very effective when they hit though. Those rubber rounds probably wouldnt do much. I really dont know how fast they come out of a real less lethal launcher, but I would bet much faster than 240fps.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Looks like it shoots something similar to pepperball rounds. We've got the pepperball guns here and they shoot much faster than that. Probably shoot closer to 400fps. 240 seems a bit slow. It is very effective when they hit though. Those rubber rounds probably wouldnt do much. I really dont know how fast they come out of a real less lethal launcher, but I would bet much faster than 240fps.

Yeah, even paintball guns are faster than 240fps.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You do realize that SOME people are prohibited by law from having firearms, right?

Why should they be denied the right to self/home defense?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You do realize that SOME people are prohibited by law from having firearms, right?

Why should they be denied the right to self/home defense?

They shouldn't, but this is not a means of self defense. A Louisville Slugger would be a much more formidable means of self defense; a muzzle loader, even more so.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Making a shotgun less lethal? Next thing somebody will want a three cylinder engine in a muscle car.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    They shouldn't, but this is not a means of self defense. A Louisville Slugger would be a much more formidable means of self defense; a muzzle loader, even more so.

Better than nothing.

There may also be a split second of gun recognition by a home invader that also may help.

A baseball bat is a contact weapon. At least this can be a "standoff" device.

Grasping at hypotheticals, I know, I know.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Why are people so stupid? Is this because of city living or fluoride in the water or package food? Dumb city people. Yes my location says Indianapolis, but it's the largest city I live close to, not many will know where 20 miles north of Freeport or Reedsville is.

Top Bottom