• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    About 60 miles south of Indy near Seymour is Bite the Bullet gun shop. He is a Master Dealer for Wilson and usually has some other nice high-end 1911s.

Call Bob at 812-445-3010

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    About 60 miles south of Indy near Seymour is Bite the Bullet gun shop. He is a Master Dealer for Wilson and usually has some other nice high-end 1911s.

Call Bob at 812-445-3010

+1 on Bite the Bullet

Give him a call to make sure he's open. He'll treat you right. Get off I-65 at the Seymour exit and take 31 north a few miles. On the west side of 31.

Pappy

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Elmores has Les Bear but doesn't stock Wilson anymore...

Last time I was in Elmore's (a few weeks ago) they had picked up one Baer from a distributor (that is about the only way you will come across a Baer if you don't order one yourself from Les) and they just took in a beautiful Wilson on trade. They typically have a couple of Wilsons at least even though they are no longer Wilson dealers.

In addition, they have a lot of Nighthawks and Ed Browns as they are dealers of both so you may be able to compare all four brands there if they Baer is still in stock.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Don't send your money to Les Baer. I will be happy to sell you one of my 1/2 MOA AR rifles that is worth (and cost) less than $1000 for, oh say, $2000.

Think of it as my personal economic stimulus package. There is nothing that a Les Baer has, that a Rock River doesn't have. Or one of my homemade match rifles.

It's all hype. They only get the money because there are people willing to overpay. Now if they were improved in some way, like gas pistons, maybe...:twocents:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    oops. I don't think I'm an idiot. But it sure looks like it doesn't it?

I should have read the post more carefully.......

Carry on.

BTW High end 1911's make life worth living. I have only owned one and I love it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom