• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Well I read this post on another forum and found it quite interesting. Apparently some LEO departments are not keeping good track of the paperwork associated with their class 3 'toys'. While I've read about that before, it was never quite as direct.

Paragraph below is copied from
    Police departments are a dandy.

I am a hybrid. I am a police officer, I have a Class II, and I do some contract training for the military.
    Of all these entities, the PD's are the worse in following NFA reg's.
    It is such a joke that if I call ATF in West Virginia to check a serial number, I preface it if is a PD gun. The examiner gives a deep sigh, and we start.
    They never retain paperwork. Many agencies do not even know or care about MG or SBR rules, or registration.
    Of course the military can be fun also. We had a local SOT dealer in Oklahoma that had a cozy deal going with the Seals. He got "expended ordnance" which wasn't, and they got cash to buy **** with they needed. That one resulted in some jail time.
    What is really funny is that the ATF is cracking down on flash bangs, etc., with training facilities like Blackwater and others. The kabillion DD's that are on PD books, that are not there, are being ignored.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom