• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    As it states I am interested in buying a H&K UMP in .45, I also don't know any of the costs since I just started looking. Is it even legal or possible to get one?

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    You can get a USC & have Tom Bostic or one of the other HK smiths do a UMP conversion .
    Ask your question on an HK specific site such as HKpro !!!!
    Your looking in the area of $3500 for a top of the line UMP conversion ! Maybe less !!
    99% of people would not be able to tell it wasn't a dealer sample UMP !

Last edited:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Like.... this one :D

20120111_174817%20-%20Copy.jpg

Started out life as

lg_usc.jpg

Pulled out the firing group and added it to This. Also added One of these, and This for 922r. You also need to enlarge the hooks at the front, but takes 30 seconds with a plastic file.

Removed the tacky stock and replaced it with This, That, and one of these

Did some minor surgery with a dremel to let it take These. This was teh most nerve wracking part, as its the only part you can't back out. This is also the part you need to watch, as if you cut the wrong place you have made an illegal MG. To re-itterate, cuts on top hole good (and needed to fit UMP mags), cuts on bottom hole massive felony.
    batfE-PHOTO.jpg

As soon as the paperwork is in swapping out the barrel for This

All in all the costs were somewhere around 2500-3000, and took me an afternoon to do the conversion itself. Honestly the hardest part was getting the &$*$ing trigger pack back together. Its well worth it, as its crazy fun to shoot, and gets some unique looks at ranges. I had originally meant to get the conversion done by Choxstix Kid, but after finding out he had a 4-5 month backlog decided to just try it myself. 3 hours later I was at a range playing with my U[SC|MP] so...

Last edited:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Yes like that one !!!
    Very nice !
    Although not a " transferable" its still the closest thing a civy can get to a dealer sample UMP .
    Only thing I don't like about them is an HK sear won't work in them .........

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Thanks for all the info guys,
    I wanted to look into this originally to see what the costs were and if it were legal to shorten the barrel and put a "Happy switch" on it. I know it has to be marked on the lower receiver as a class 3 item. That is also one of my reasons for getting it, to be able to get a full auto. When you say you cant get one with a happy switch, you mean you have to be a class 3 dealer to own one? It just so happens I have a buddy who has a class 3 license....

Thanks

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    If your buddy can get a demo letter (a letter from a chief LEO asking for a demonstration) he can get a real live full auto UMP.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom