• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow. A totalitarian regime is lightening up on gun control. Colour me surprised. They'll likely have to jump through lots of hoops, but it's a start.

From PressTV

Saudis will be able to buy handguns and other personal firearms openly for the first time, the country's interior ministry has anounced.

The ministry also stated that it would license privately-owned gun shops.

Anyone over 25 with a clean criminal record and a bank guarantee of SR 500,000 (some US$133,000) can apply to open a gun store, Arab News reported.

The move is aimed at reining in the widespread illegal ownership of handguns and assault weapons, a Saudi official said.

Hunting and sport shooting weapons are currently sold in specialty stores in Saudi Arabia and all weapons have to be licensed.

The ministry has also announced its decision to give Saudis permission to run shooting clubs.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not surprising really. People have adapted and accepted the heavy handed consequences of doing something illegal.
    Most are loyal to the royals and the ones that are not would be scared out of there minds to try any sort of insurection. If joe camel goes on a tangent or acts remotely threatening with a weapon, he would be lucky if his whole family werent tortured to death before his own eyes.

I've not been there. But it is a different realm of totalitarianism from what people have told me.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Many Saudis have all the guns they want. Including this guy...
    osama-bin-laden-1998-thumb.jpg

Top Bottom