• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samsdad42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    I got a set of Hornady dies in.223 I am trying to use with a pro 1000. Got the sizer working really good but the seat-er die with the move-able centering slide will not let me seat the bullet properly. Have any of you used these Hornady dies with a pro 1000 successfully? I tried to take them apart and modify them but the seat-er rod requires the slider to center it properly. My next question is will you respond if you load .223 with a Lee Pro 1000. Tell me what dies you use and if you have trouble getting the bullet lined up to guide it in the seating die.

Thank You All
    Mike

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I don't know about your Hornaday question, but I gave up trying to load 223 in my Pro 1000 a long time ago, like 1996. I loaded mine single stage until a friend showed me his Lee Turret Press. That is my new setup for rifle ammo.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    ^^^This^^^ I tried it on the 1000, and it was horrible due to the bottleneck cases, IMO, so I went to the 4 hole auto-index. The only rifle round I do on a progressive is .30 carbine (well, it is considered a rifle round).

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I load .223 on my pro 1000 all the time. its my most loaded round. I decap on a serperate single stage then tumble. I hand prime also. Then stage 1 is powder charge. Stage 2 is bullet seat and stage 3 is crimp. works great and i dont have any issues at all with it.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I load .223 on my pro 1000 all the time. its my most loaded round. I decap on a serperate single stage then tumble. I hand prime also. Then stage 1 is powder charge. Stage 2 is bullet seat and stage 3 is crimp. works great and i dont have any issues at all with it.

This would work. I had trouble bumping the shoulder consistantly and getting the primers in properly. After that is done one at a time, as described, it is easy to dump powder in and seat a bullet.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    yeah i agree if your trying to do an all in 1 it would be a pain. But i actually enjoy sitting down to watch tv with the wife and priming some brass

Top Bottom