• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpruitt54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Illinois
    I recently bought a Lee loadmaster progressive press. I really love it and I am not in a position to spend 5 times as much for another press. Twice so far, I have loaded 100 primers in the primer tray. Once the last primer is no longer visible in the primer channel I may get one or two rounds. But the rest of the primers are not able to feed into position to be loaded into a round. I've had to push a zip tie or pipe cleaner into the channel to force the last remaining primers into position. But always there are 4 or 5 primers missing and not accounted for.

WTF? Has anyone seen anything like this?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I think I am understanding the question, maybe not. It needs the weight of the primers in the tray to feed the primers in the chute. So, when the tray gets to be empty, fill it up. Or use something like you are using to push the primers down the chute. I use a mini screwdriver or a unwound paper clip.

I usually only use the extra push when I am getting ready to change calibers or something and I want the chute to be empty.

Last edited:

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I think I am understanding the question, maybe not. It needs the weight of the primers in the tray to feed the primers in the chute. So, when the tray gets to be empty, fill it up. Or use something like you are using to push the primers down the chute. I use a mini screwdriver or a unwound paper clip.

I usually only use the extra push when I am getting ready to change calibers or something and I want the chute to be empty.

This^

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Do you have the upgraded primer trough? The primers could just be falling off of the priming pin. Did you take out the trough to see if the primers were still in there?

Top Bottom