• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    For anyone that uses one, I need some advice, I am loading 357 sig with universal and 124 gr flat nose plated bullet, I loaded some using the #.61 hole got 5.5 grs and loaded some with the #.66 hole and got 5.9 grs. the 5.5 grains is too light and the 5.9 feels too heavy. I want to drill out the .61 hole to get a load in the middle, anyone do this? any advice? Please do not suggest a different powder measure, this is what I have and this is what I want to use.

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I adjusted mine after watching a Utube video on that subject in 1995.
    My plates are made of bakelite, a bit different than plastic. For the smaller pilots I taped them with an 1/8" set, large 3/16" set. I used a drill press with vise to keep things inline during the whole thing. Only one machined screw needed per pilot. It will be on the front of the measure and out of the way. Leave other screws out. That one pilot must have a screw in the taped hole or it will mess up the measurement, leak. I cut the screws at different lengths so not much is sticking out the front. The more you turn the screw in the less powder you get. I use a lumber pencil to lube the threads.

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    I adjusted mine after watching a Utube video on that subject in 1995.
    My plates are made of bakelite, a bit different than plastic. For the smaller pilots I taped them with an 1/8" set, large 3/16" set. I used a drill press with vise to keep things inline during the whole thing. Only one machined screw needed per pilot. It will be on the front of the measure and out of the way. Leave other screws out. That one pilot must have a screw in the taped hole or it will mess up the measurement, leak. I cut the screws at different lengths so not much is sticking out the front. The more you turn the screw in the less powder you get. I use a lumber pencil to lube the threads.
    yep, using a screw is the answer, I forgot I had done that when loading 32 auto, its the best way since its adjustable, thanks

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    I see you said you don't want to buy a different powder measure. I have one of these and it works great and its cheap.
    Lee Adjustable Charge Bar is used in place of the Charge Disk on the Auto Disk and Pro Auto Disk Powder Measures. Adjustable between .28 cc and 1.6 cc

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    I see you said you don't want to buy a different powder measure. I have one of these and it works great and its cheap.
    Lee Adjustable Charge Bar is used in place of the Charge Disk on the Auto Disk and Pro Auto Disk Powder Measures. Adjustable between .28 cc and 1.6 cc
    thats a good idea, may look into it, whats the range in grains?

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    shot my in between loads 5.7 gr universal, hit my sweet spot, consistent 3 inch 5 rd groups from a rest at 25 yd, which for this old man is great. now to work on my off hand groups

Top Bottom