• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Please Don't I work in a dodge dealership and a fellow came in this morning for a recall and left his Sig in the door, no big deal to me. But these places are full of people you dont know and you've just left your weapon unattended amoungst stranger's. The guy in the bay next to me gets irrate about it. I talked to him a little and turns out he feels responsible for its "secureness" while he's working on your car and doesn't like having that forced on him. Please do carry and have means to defend yourselves. However leaving a gun out in your car isn't like leaving your wallet out in the open, lots of stupid people aren't theives, but dumbass's love to coon finger guns. Rant over. PS I did not touch weapon or even mention it to the boss.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Again, people, QUIT fiddling with your gun in your car.

LEAVE the gun alone, keep it in your holster!
    This doesn't apply to the above post at all, good advice but not related to OP. Gun was holstered and laying in door pocket, never touched by any one. At least that I know of.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Please Don't I work in a dodge dealership and a fellow came in this morning for a recall and left his Sig in the door, no big deal to me. But these places are full of people you dont know and you've just left your weapon unattended amoungst stranger's. The guy in the bay next to me gets irrate about it. I talked to him a little and turns out he feels responsible for its "secureness" while he's working on your car and doesn't like having that forced on him. Please do carry and have means to defend yourselves. However leaving a gun out in your car isn't like leaving your wallet out in the open, lots of stupid people aren't theives, but dumbass's love to coon finger guns. Rant over. PS I did not touch weapon or even mention it to the boss.

Maybe he was leaving it for you as a tip?:dunno:

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    or maybe he, like I, works in a place where guns are not allowed while working. However that being said I keep mine in a 5.11 push pack and can grab the whole pack when having the truck worked on. Either that or I reholster before leaving work. There is sometimes an occasion where messing with your gun in the vehicle has to happen.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My friend was getting his tires rotated and the service guy went to check the spare in the trunk. The service guy got an eyeful before my friend told him to close the trunk and skip the spare.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My friend was getting his tires rotated and the service guy went to check the spare in the trunk. The service guy got an eyeful before my friend told him to close the trunk and skip the spare.

Dead hookers in the trunk huh? I hate it when that happens.;)

[video=youtube;s8m_bULIWsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s8m_bULIWsw[/video]

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Yeah only thing this guy did wrong was leave his weapon unattended out in the open.

This.

I keep a heater in the center console, closed and out of sight. I don't want to be "that guy" but if a tech comes up to me talking about the gun in the car, I'm calling the police... you don't need to be in the center console, only under the car or under the hood. I always do my own service but the winter time, it's hard, so I take it somewhere. If they are going through the center console, they are up to something they don't need to be doing... :twocents:

And yes, I know, here comes the flood of "if someone steals your gun, you are responsible, it's as if you pulled the trigger on that little girl that was shot with your piece". Sorry, but I didn't choose to break into the car, I didn't obtain the gun illegally and use it for illegal means, I didn't pull the trigger, so I fail to see the reason why people think this. I know, you might have reasons, excuses and logic... I get it. But I choose to have a gun in the car (and on my person) for my own reasons: ease of access in case of car jacking, which in the places I have to drive, it's an important consideration.

Last edited:

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    This.

I keep a heater in the center console, closed and out of sight. I don't want to be "that guy" but if a tech comes up to me talking about the gun in the car, I'm calling the police... you don't need to be in the center console, only under the car or under the hood. I always do my own service but the winter time, it's hard, so I take it somewhere. If they are going through the center console, they are up to something they don't need to be doing... :twocents:
    Not neccasarily at all on these new cars tnhere are several computer modules stuffed under the center console, most people dont read the recall description. There are several instances i may need to be in your center console, you signed a form stated you have not left any personnal belongings in the car when you dropped it off. If i find one in the console i need to be in I discretely inspect it(I like guns) what I can with out coonfingering it(i will not unholster someone elses gun but will move it out of way) and go on with the repair.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Leaving a firearm anywhere that a felon can get ahold of it can get you into some serious trouble. Anyone ever seen a person at a garage that wasn't shady? Never seen a crook at a stealership? :dunno:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    This.

Not neccasarily at all on these new cars tnhere are several computer modules stuffed under the center console, most people dont read the recall description. There are several instances i may need to be in your center console, you signed a form stated you have not left any personnal belongings in the car when you dropped it off. If i find one in the console i need to be in I discretely inspect it(I like guns) what I can with out coonfingering it(i will not unholster someone elses gun but will move it out of way) and go on with the repair.

No there isn't.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    This.

I keep a heater in the center console, closed and out of sight. I don't want to be "that guy" but if a tech comes up to me talking about the gun in the car, I'm calling the police... you don't need to be in the center console, only under the car or under the hood. I always do my own service but the winter time, it's hard, so I take it somewhere. If they are going through the center console, they are up to something they don't need to be doing...

I TRIED TO USE FIRST HALF OF DISPOSABLE HEARTS QUOTE THEY ARE MY WORDS FROM THE PENNYS ON DOWN IN PREVIOUS POST SORRY

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    This.

THIS IS THE QUOTE I BUGGERED UP AND YES THEIR ARE PLENTY OF REASONS A TECHNICIAN WILL BE IN YOUR CONSOLE

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I work in an independent shop and people leave guns in their car all the time. And yes there are MANY reasons I may need to be in your glovebox, center console, under your seat, in the trunk, etc. Bottom line is you don't know who is working in a shop. I have worked with some seriously bad dudes and many ex-cons. Just take it out of your car.

I was once looking for the little locking lug nut key that no one needs on their cars and the lady customer said she thought it might have rolled under the seat. I looked under the divers seat and was looking down the barrel of a (very nice I mght add) Kimber .45. NOT COOL!

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    This.

And yes, I know, here comes the flood of "if someone steals your gun, you are responsible, it's as if you pulled the trigger on that little girl that was shot with your piece". Sorry, but I didn't choose to break into the car, I didn't obtain the gun illegally and use it for illegal means, I didn't pull the trigger, so I fail to see the reason why people think this. I know, you might have reasons, excuses and logic... I get it. But I choose to have a gun in the car (and on my person) for my own reasons: ease of access in case of car jacking, which in the places I have to drive, it's an important consideration.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason for you to keep a gun in your car if you are taking it to a shop. I run a collision repair shop where I live. We are all over most cars looking for locking lug nut keys, paint codes, and broken parts the owner says they put in the car. All of my guys know and respect firearms. With that said, please remove it from your vehicle before bringing it to get repaired. We don't need the extra responsibility of taking care, or worrying about your weapon.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I work in an independent shop and people leave guns in their car all the time. And yes there are MANY reasons I may need to be in your glovebox, center console, under your seat, in the trunk, etc. Bottom line is you don't know who is working in a shop. I have worked with some seriously bad dudes and many ex-cons. Just take it out of your car.
    Name one. Or three.

That said, I wouldn't leave a firearm there either.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Name one. Or three.

That said, I wouldn't leave a firearm there either.

Not to take sides but my former ride, VW Jetta, had the locking lug nut adaptor stored under the floor of the hatch. As it was very expensive to replace, I kept it in its place.

Current sled, ultra cool Subaru Outback, requires the removal of the glove compartment to replace the cabin air filter.

Top Bottom