• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Only had about 20 minutes at the range to shoot my new LCR, put 35 rounds thru it and I'm very happy with it, my carry ammo shoots to point of aim and the trigger is smooth

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've been checking the LCR out. Also been checking out the S&W 442 and the 642. Handled the 442 and the LCR but haven't had the chance to shoot them yet.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    That's what I thought. On Ruger's website there are two options, both Hogue. One is the Boot grip (straight), and the Tamer (finger grooves).

I have the tamer, didn't like the boot grip

Didn't realize they were Hogue's

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I'm thinking of getting an LCR myself. What is your carry round?

I'm carrying a S & W 638 now and have been carrying Gold Dot 135 +P. I like the J frame, but hate the front site. I've found a few places that will replace the front sites with a big dot nite site, but they cost +/- $200. I've been considering just getting a LCR with big dot already on it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    +1 on the LCR. Better trigger than the 642/442 and I like the ability to easily swap out the pinned front sight. +P recoil is what some would consider 'stout,' but that's the price you pay for a 13 oz. 38. The Hogue grip's gel insert along the back of the frame is a nifty idea that dampens felt recoil a bit as well.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I really like my LCR as well. Light weight, easy to carry. Has anyone tried the LCR 357? I'm curious what the recoil would be like in such a light package.

Has anyone found a night sight for the LCR, I've not looked recently but a few months ago I could not find one.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I appreciate you sharing the LCR experience. I've fondled a couple of LCRs. Never fired one, but they seem pretty smooth and light. Really different than the M36 and M60 I usually carry. As a casual comment, it's sort of funny looking. The S&W Bodyguard .38 felt pretty good too, other than the backward revolving cylinder. Might buy one if it didn't have the built in laser.

BTW - Usually carry j-frames with 125 gr Hornady JHP XTP (non +P)

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I can't find the box but IIRC they are 135 grain and they have the polymer tip by Hornady, maybe the TAP :dunno:
    I'm guessing critical defense. Does it look like this?
    192201.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom