• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    I fired my LC9 for the 1st time since sending it off to Galloway Precision for their shortened trigger bar, stainless guide rod, and 20 lbs. recoil spring set. Well pleased with the result. Trigger breaks much shorter but with about the same pull weight. If you don't like the LC9 because to the looong pull the Galloway is a very good option! :yesway:

I mailed the trigger group to Galloway on Sat., they received in on Tues., return mailed and shot me an email Weds., and I got it on Friday! Take that UPS.

I shot at Highsmith's Gun range in Greenfield. A very nice addition to central Indiana shooting facilities. Large well lighted showroom and range area. I will definitely go back soon. Indoor ranges sure help the fair weather types like me exercise their trigger fingers.:ingo:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    :postpics:

Make that video. But seriously, do you happen to have any videos of the trigger pull on that bad boy after the trigger job?

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Hey, mbills2223 I don't have a link but do a search for galloway precision lc9 trigger kit or go to their website. There are two or three videos which show both the install (they only do it onsite now!) and the resulting trigger pulls. If you deal with them it is very simple. You only send them the trigger group (no ffl stuff to deal with) and they are very responsive to email and phone. I don't have a picture because it is simply a LC9 w/crt laser. I left mine all stock except the trigger kit, which is transfer bar and hammer. :ingo:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I just checked it out. That looks like a HUGE improvement from the sloppy trigger that comes stock. The video I saw had a trigger stop, do they do that, or was that an addition by the user?

Thanks!

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    The trigger kit is $40 I believe and that is the total price. You pay to ship your trigger group to them ($4.95 or so) and include $6.95 return shipping. I also purchased the stainless guide rod because I felt that is a weakness of the LC9 . I wasn't very consistent shooting with the stock trigger, we'll see with the Galloway! It is a huge improvement for $40. :ingo:

P.S. they also have an adjustable trigger if you want . Don't hesitate to call them with questions, great people to do business with.

RdKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Batesville
    Am curious from anyone with the LC9 ..... what about accuracy?

I really haven't shot mine a lot yet, but at my first real test I was only able to remain consistent / accurate at about 10 yards. Once I sent the target out further my shots were spraying everywhere....including off the paper

I've seen the Galloway trigger kit mentioned on other sites....have been thinking about this upgrade but am only willing to spend the money if I truely get improvement with accuracy. There has to be a trade off for the expense.

Any input on the accuracy? (would be thrilled to keep it on a 9" paper plate at 25yds)

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Am curious from anyone with the LC9 ..... what about accuracy?

I really haven't shot mine a lot yet, but at my first real test I was only able to remain consistent / accurate at about 10 yards. Once I sent the target out further my shots were spraying everywhere....including off the paper

I've seen the Galloway trigger kit mentioned on other sites....have been thinking about this upgrade but am only willing to spend the money if I truely get improvement with accuracy. There has to be a trade off for the expense.

Any input on the accuracy? (would be thrilled to keep it on a 9" paper plate at 25yds)

Practice, practice and more practice. Dry fire practice while pulling trigger and keeping the sight on target is the key on any gun, especially one with a trigger like the lc9. Develop the muscle memory.

Top Bottom