LAX shooter... graphic photo, but I've got a question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Another note on the handcuffing thing: Years ago here in town, some dude blew half of his head off in front of the Kmart store. When the cops got there, he was obviously dead, right, hell, half his head, the left side from the nose over was gone. Nope, while the several cops milled around waiting for a detective to get there, the dude sits up, and said something to them, they couldn't tell what he said, but he spoke! One of the cops, who happened to be a buddy of mine, got in his car and left.

Better safe than sorry.

The brain is an amazing thing. Some people can literally lose half their brain and the rest will pick up the slack, and some can lose a tiny portion, and become vegetables.

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    Another note on the handcuffing thing: Years ago here in town, some dude blew half of his head off in front of the Kmart store. When the cops got there, he was obviously dead, right, hell, half his head, the left side from the nose over was gone. Nope, while the several cops milled around waiting for a detective to get there, the dude sits up, and said something to them, they couldn't tell what he said, but he spoke! One of the cops, who happened to be a buddy of mine, got in his car and left.

Better safe than sorry.

I'd go home and get my bug out bag in that situation!

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Skipping all the chatter to add in my two cents.

I've shed the blood of many an animal. I shot a doe in the left mid haunch with a Rage chisel tip. She ran 45 yards. No blood between the POI and where she lay down. Where she dropped however, there was a puddle of blood that was reminiscent of a woman's afterbirth. Approximately 10" dia. and easily 3/4" thick on the ground surrounding the wound. That blood was very similar to what is pictured here. My guess is the blades of the broadhead severed the femoral artery.

I feel it necessary to mention after having looked at the picture for quite some time that that is one skinny lil SOB too.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The brain is an amazing thing. Some people can literally lose half their brain and the rest will pick up the slack, and some can lose a tiny portion, and become vegetables.

True. Some don't have that much to spare. They have a name for that................ obama voters.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    If it had a device to lock the magazine into place so that it was not detachable, yet still had the other features it could have been purchased legally. Once he removed the device, it became an illegal firearm. That's from my understanding of what I've read. Notice in what you posted, it states that it has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine AND any of the following.

Correct. It could have a Bullet Button and be completely legal, also you could not discern a bullet button from the quality of that picture. Also seeing as how the weapon has been manipulated at least enough to unload it it is VERY likely that the rear sight was pushed down in the process.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

True. Some don't have that much to spare. They have a name for that................ obama voters.
    Well....
    I was thinking in more general terms.
    Like...... Liberal Democrats.
    Lets not limit it to just the idiot worshipers and devoted zombie followers of the Great "0".

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

Better safe than sorry.

He probably said, "Anyone have an Advil? My head is ringing... Mondays, huh?"

That's crazy.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Better safe than sorry.

What the...
    If this happened and I was around,I'd double tap while screaming that the zombies are real.

I agree. It probably would have been a full mag though.

He probably said, "Anyone have an Advil? My head is ringing... Mondays, huh?"

That's crazy.

Buh dum...

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    It looks like he's wearing a jacket that has been pulled off him while he was handcuffed. Perhaps it's the camouflage as reported??

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Better safe than sorry.

I had a similar thing happen to me when a juvenile shot himself in front of me and another officer. .380 to the head and we thought he was a goner but he did a push-up while we were waiting for the medics to show up and pronounce him deceased. He made it to the hospital but died a couple days later.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I had a similar thing happen to me when a juvenile shot himself in front of me and another officer. .380 to the head and we thought he was a goner but he did a push-up while we were waiting for the medics to show up and pronounce him deceased. He made it to the hospital but died a couple days later.

I used to think that seeing such tramatic things was rare for a cop. The profession must be a worse mind job than I thought.

TheWiredFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    My thing about this whole thing is, our airports should be like the ones in Europe. Rome was swarming with Rifled Cops, Catwalks above where they had a better view, and tactical overview. It made me think, and to stay away from groups of people.......

You are advocating for a police state in the flying bus terminal?
    Are you joking?
    You should be advocating for 'carrying your legal guns' to protect yourself, not be stripped of them and at the mercy of someone else's preparedness.
    I do not want to be like ANYWHERE in europe, thank you very much.

TheWiredFox

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I used to think that seeing such tramatic things was rare for a cop. The profession must be a worse mind job than I thought.
    I've seen things many soldiers in the sandbox never see. A couple of years ago on Christmas Day I was working when 2 Hispanics fought over a chic and the knife fight ensued. One guy guy slashed so bad that he sprayed blood as he ran out of the building to the stoop on the next building where he bled out. I have not seen a horror movie with more blood. We interview the chic they were fighting over then she goes into her apartment when done. We go back to ask her more questions and she locked herself in the bathroom. We kick the door and and she was there dead, she hung herself from the shower head. Then we had to get the young kids out of there without seeing all the blood. I found a dead infant in a creek this past march(I think it was March). It was dumped there some time prior and I had to scare the Turkey Vultures away as they were picking him apart. You develop a gallows humor with most (within reason) but it hardens you. At the end of the day, no matter how bad it is, you still have a job to do, time to suck it up and get to it.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Not rare at all.
    Every Officer I know, myself included, can tell a dozen or more stories about the horrific incidents that they've witnessed.
    It becomes part of the routine to be careful and avoid stepping on brains, blood, and body parts.

Top Bottom