LAX shooter... graphic photo, but I've got a question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Most posts above are correct. What - Do you guys do? Visit gun shootings all day?

Looks like he got hit in the lung.
    Lung shots bring out the large frothy bright red chunks. Similar to a red tapioca textured pudding with some mushy tomatoes thrown in. He may not make it by looking at his hoicking pattern but that shouldn't stop him from being violently handcuffed.....tightly. Some pansy had mercy and gave him a pillow of sorts for his head.

Just mean to give him some hope like that.

When doing set dressing for sick & twisted shows, the blood and guts set up usually looks fake to some that don't know what to really look for. As long as our directors are happy, We are happy. :):

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    If you zoom the picture in, you can plainly see a front bullet entry above his left nipple. That could confirm the top of the lung was hit, barely missing the heart it looks like. To my untrained eye, it looks bigger than 9mm, but that's no surprise, since cops usually use .40cal. EDIT: Hmm, actually it looks like the bullet went right into his heart should be, and the shirt is just moved up.

PS, I don't see a pillow. It looks like newspaper or a vomit bag laid down under his head to protect the carpet to me. Maybe all the blood stains just make it look weird though.

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Okay, looking at the rifle, the BUIS are not up. Could they have been knocked down when he dropped it? Also, the collapsible stock could be pinned and be legal, correct?

Looking up the definition of a CA compliant AR, it seems that the AR can have a collapsible stock, flash hider AND pistol grip, so long as it does not have a detachable magazine. The addition of the "bullet button" turns it into a "fixed magazine" AR. If he were to remove the "bullet button" then he would have an illegal AR that was purchased legally.

That's just after about 10 minutes of looking, so I might be wrong.

Source:: Building a California-legal AR-15 rifle

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Okay, looking at the rifle, the BUIS are not up. Could they have been knocked down when he dropped it? Also, the collapsible stock could be pinned and be legal, correct?

Looking up the definition of a CA compliant AR, it seems that the AR can have a collapsible stock, flash hider AND pistol grip, so long as it does not have a detachable magazine. The addition of the "bullet button" turns it into a "fixed magazine" AR. If he were to remove the "bullet button" then he would have an illegal AR that was purchased legally.

That's just after about 10 minutes of looking, so I might be wrong.

Source:: Building a California-legal AR-15 rifle
    Here's a list of he things that make a common hunting rifle into a murderous, self motivated killing machine according to the enlightened, all knowing, legislatures in Commirfornia.
    Weapons having any one of these evil items installed are prima facie Assault weapons and banned under the laws of CA.
    Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989[edit]

The
    Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989, its subsequent augmentation in 1999, and the .50 Caliber BMG Regulation Act of 2004 have led to many restrictions on semi-automatic firearms. In addition to a lengthy list of specific firearms that are banned by name, the following firearms are banned by characteristic (from Penal Code §12276.1) :
    (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following. A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.(B) A thumbhole stock.(C) A folding or telescoping stock.(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.(E) A flash suppressor.(F) A forward pistol grip.
    The key word in the case of the LAX shooter is a rifle having the "Capacity" to accept a detachable magazine.
    Since the magazine is lying on the floor next to the rifle I think it can be safely presumed that is it "detachable".

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    You wouldn't be able to tell about the mag release by the picture. The CA legal ones are just a piece of plastic with a hole in it that covers the mag release button so it can't be pressed with your finger. You have to use a key or the tip of a round etc. to release the mag.

I don't think the pistol grip is legal though, hence the existence of silly **** like this:

CMMG+AR-15+009.jpgsmall

Gawd that thing is UGLY!! I would not own that thing. It has a democratic look to it

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Clotted blood can certainly look like that. The carpet is soaking the plasma and probably makes it a bit different. When you have massive GI bleeding it has an appearance with huge curd cottage cheese. Hard to believe this guy is alive but he may just have exsanguinated and he's "alive" but brain dead. Young people are hard to kill outright if they get medical attention quickly.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Looks like someone kicked up the saturation on the puddle of coagulated blood. Otherwise ... seems legit.

BTW ... interesting commentary about the rifle (here's the pic):

131101-gun-bcol-10p.jpg

USA Today report on the shooting says a Federal Law Enforcement Official stated that the S&W rifle was bought legally from a Los Angeles area arms dealer.
    LAX shooting suspect Paul Ciancia charged with murder
    I have to call BS on that entire statement.
    The rifle in the picture is banned in CA unless it was manufactured prior to June 1, 1989 and owned by a CA resident at that time.
    It has a pistol grip. Banned!!
    A flash hider/muzzle brake. Banned!!
    A collapsible stock. Banned!!
    And I don't see a mag lock which prevents a quick mag change.

ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
    you two are messing with the .gov false flag!
    no prior health issues, no arrest, no guns...

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh
    unless he read UC... hum...

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ever notice they train for things like this and then, by coincidence, the thing they trained for happens within weeks after?

The LEO community is forced to adapt their training by real events. No one really covered Active Shooter response until a few shootings before Columbine and then Columbine it's self changed every department. As did the LA Bank robbery forced a lot of Departments that either didn't or leaders didn't allow rifles to start having them available.

As for this POS at least it will be Federal Charges and not state charges through the state of California.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Ever notice they train for things like this and then, by coincidence, the thing they trained for happens within weeks after?

As was said earlier the police were supposed to kill him so he couldn't admit to being part of their false flag operation. Fortunately for them they shot him in the mouth so it will be a little bit before he can talk. If he happens to die while in the hospital, the operation will be safe and the truth will be forever hidden.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Unless it's below freezing outside. Brain matter freezes instantly on blacktop and turns orange. I had to walk through a street full of it not knowing what it was at first. Nothing like washing brains off your boots and out of your floor mats.

I had to fight a guy once who's partner had just taken a 5.56 round in the face. The guy I fought was covered, and I mean COVERED in his friend's blood and brain matter, therefore I became covered in it too. I literally burned that uniform.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I haven't looked at the photo. But, from an artist's standpoint, photoshop enhancing isn't limited to product photography or models alone. Doesn't mean it's fake or anything, just means they may brighten the blood, brains, whatever, to make it more 'vivid'.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Here's a list of he things that make a common hunting rifle into a murderous, self motivated killing machine according to the enlightened, all knowing, legislatures in Commirfornia.
    Weapons having any one of these evil items installed are prima facie Assault weapons and banned under the laws of CA.
    Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989[edit]

The
    Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989, its subsequent augmentation in 1999, and the .50 Caliber BMG Regulation Act of 2004 have led to many restrictions on semi-automatic firearms. In addition to a lengthy list of specific firearms that are banned by name, the following firearms are banned by characteristic (from Penal Code §12276.1) :
    (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following. A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.(B) A thumbhole stock.(C) A folding or telescoping stock.(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.(E) A flash suppressor.(F) A forward pistol grip.
    The key word in the case of the LAX shooter is a rifle having the "Capacity" to accept a detachable magazine.
    Since the magazine is lying on the floor next to the rifle I think it can be safely presumed that is it "detachable".

If it had a device to lock the magazine into place so that it was not detachable, yet still had the other features it could have been purchased legally. Once he removed the device, it became an illegal firearm. That's from my understanding of what I've read. Notice in what you posted, it states that it has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine AND any of the following.

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    I haven't looked at the photo. But, from an artist's standpoint, photoshop enhancing isn't limited to product photography or models alone. Doesn't mean it's fake or anything, just means they may brighten the blood, brains, whatever, to make it more 'vivid'.

Agreed. And the press does a great job of this frequently! Photo editing isn't just limited to commercial use.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Another note on the handcuffing thing: Years ago here in town, some dude blew half of his head off in front of the Kmart store. When the cops got there, he was obviously dead, right, hell, half his head, the left side from the nose over was gone. Nope, while the several cops milled around waiting for a detective to get there, the dude sits up, and said something to them, they couldn't tell what he said, but he spoke! One of the cops, who happened to be a buddy of mine, got in his car and left.

Better safe than sorry.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Another note on the handcuffing thing: Years ago here in town, some dude blew half of his head off in front of the Kmart store. When the cops got there, he was obviously dead, right, hell, half his head, the left side from the nose over was gone. Nope, while the several cops milled around waiting for a detective to get there, the dude sits up, and said something to them, they couldn't tell what he said, but he spoke! One of the cops, who happened to be a buddy of mine, got in his car and left.

Better safe than sorry.

If this happened and I was around,I'd double tap while screaming that the zombies are real.

Top Bottom