• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Just got home from my second visit to the DNR range at Camp Atterbury. Had to take my new little Taurus Model 85 Ultralite on her maiden voyage. Pretty good crowd, weather considered. Wish my shooting had been as good, but snubbies aren't exactly known as being sniper weapons! :):

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Is this the same range as the one there that is new and is outdoor but has a roof?

I went last year with the shot gun and a few 22's. They said slug's only and no fast firing.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    they say 1 full second between shots, but when I was there last they were pretty lax about it which was nice

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Last time I was there, the few folks that were there before me had left. So I was by myself. I moved from rifle to the pistol range and did some precision shooting - 2 to the chest, 1 to the head and slowly started speeding up. At the end, I did some rapid fire for my last three mags and the nice gentlemen didn't say anything to me.

I like Atterbury. Good people there.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    yea that's true, pretty relax. the place is laid back when everyone is behaving like they should. but let me tell you, buzz will bring you back to earth when he has too. one guy, today, fired prodally 6-8 shots back to back pretty quick. we're talking 1.5 to 2.5 seconds. buzz hollared at him and said, 1 full second between shots. when i heard those shots i look at my father n law and said look out for buzz. sure enough he was on it.
    thanks buzz for the good job you do for the dnr. i'm sure it's a thankless job your doing.
    thanks
    scott

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yeah this is the same place I am thinking, Buzz (did not know his name till now) was pretty cool. A little on edge but I am sure he deal's with a lot of idiot's. He was honest and told me their ammo was rather pricey haha. He also helped us when one of the 22's was having loading problem's and showed us a few tip's.

He saw may shot gun and asked if I had slug's and said something about that is all you can shoot. I think it is to help protect the wood beam's that hold the "roof" up.

I think it would be nice if they had an area for rapid shooting....

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just got home from my second visit to the DNR range at Camp Atterbury. Had to take my new little Taurus Model 85 Ultralite on her maiden voyage. Pretty good crowd, weather considered. Wish my shooting had been as good, but snubbies aren't exactly known as being sniper weapons! :):

My wife has a 85 Ultralite as well. Nice little gun. I got it out today and shot pretty well with some hand loads.

With a little practice it shoots really good.

Barrn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Plainfield
    I was there today on lane #43 testing some reduced power 9mm reloads in my XD9 and S&W M&P 9L. Turns out I reduced the powder charge too much. They wouldn't cycle the slide. Oh well, back to the reloading bench.

The guy two lanes to my left was shooting a snub. It looked like a Taurus 85.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was there today on lane #43 testing some reduced power 9mm reloads in my XD9 and S&W M&P 9L. Turns out I reduced the powder charge too much. They wouldn't cycle the slide. Oh well, back to the reloading bench.

The guy two lanes to my left was shooting a snub. It looked like a Taurus 85.

That it was! :):

Top Bottom