• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette is decidedly left wing, especially when it comes to guns. However, the editorial department has published every column I have submitted with no material editing.

Here is my latest on Constitutional (or unrestricted) Carry:
    JournalGazette.net - Editorial columns | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

Although Indiana already recognizes carry permits from every state that issues them, I hope Indiana, in the near future, will take the next logical, common-sense step and remove the licensing requirement for law-abiding citizens to carry handguns.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I am glad to see they published it! :yesway:

Nice article and well written! Thanks for sharing.

You are most welcome!
    To the credit of both Tracy Warner and Stacey Stumpf at the JG, they have published all of my submissions with only the most minor of editing, none of which distorted the content.

Well researched, accurate, and well written articles are things we in the community of shooting enthusiasts should be submitting. However, poorly conceived and poorly written "rants" are best avoided--they don't help.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Very nice! I didn't see where the paper had a comment feature for people to respond...that might have been interesting.

Out of curiosity, what are the other 16 states? And do you know the status of those bills? (if you have a link...)

Thanks.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Very nice!

Out of curiosity, what are the other 16 states? And do you know the status of those bills? (if you have a link...)

Thanks.

No problem!
    Constitutional Carry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia may not be the most reputable source to cite, but, in this case, it has a nice compilaton on the subject of Constitutional Carry.

Some states were not successful on the first try, which is to be expected, but the first "no" is never the last "no." I sense Constitutional Carry is the next "wave" to follow Right To Carry. I also don't think Illinois, translate Chicago, can hold out too much longer, but, with Obama being a Chicago thug politician, we mustn't hold our collective breath.

Im4the2nd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Food for thought. A sensable way to identify law abiding citizens when doing a private sale of firearms within state is to ask for permit and drivers license. Most of us wheel and deal buying selling and trading I would not want to put a registered firearm into the hands of a criminal. reponse?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Nicely done!

Be sure to post the inevitable 'blood in the streets' response by the usual suspects.:):

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Nicely done!

Be sure to post the inevitable 'blood in the streets' response by the usual suspects.:):

Thanks!
    Just Google Schumer, Lautenberg, McCarthy, Feinstein, Brady, etc. on HR 822, and you won't have any trouble finding the shop worn chicken-little predictions and fear mongering. Doesn't work, but they keep bleating!

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Food for thought. A sensable way to identify law abiding citizens when doing a private sale of firearms within state is to ask for permit and drivers license. Most of us wheel and deal buying selling and trading I would not want to put a registered firearm into the hands of a criminal. reponse?

Indiana doesn't have firearms registration. Actually, very few states have actual "registration".

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Indiana doesn't have firearms registration. Actually, very few states have actual "registration".

Correct, and much to the dismay of the "grabbers," who want national registration as a step toward confiscation. The good new is that the needle is swinging the other direction, in our favor, but that could change in a flash, for example, when Obama is elected for a second term (the Republicans are doing their level best to assure that), he will make at least one, likely two, more appointments to the Supreme Court, which will put us in dire straits for decades!

Hint: Not voting in November is tantamount to saying you heartily endorse Obama for another term. Remember: Obama carried Indiana in 2008!

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    How does it work if you live in a "constitutional carry" state in which no permit is required. What states would you then be legal to carry in when traveling...only other "constitutional carry" states?

If I go to the below link and click on Vermont, a "constitutional carry" state that does not issue permits...the entire map turns red. No other state honors your non-license.
    Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

If Indiana went that way, would we then need to buy up out of state permits(FL, UT, etc.) in order to travel?

Edit to add: GREAT ARTICLE. Glad to hear the JG printed it in it's entirety.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    How does it work if you live in a "constitutional carry" state in which no permit is required. What states would you then be legal to carry in when traveling...only other "constitutional carry" states?

If I go to the below link and click on Vermont, a "constitutional carry" state that does not issue permits...the entire map turns red. No other state honors your non-license.
    Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

If Indiana went that way, would we then need to buy up out of state permits(FL, UT, etc.) in order to travel?

Edit to add: GREAT ARTICLE. Glad to hear the JG printed it in it's entirety.

Your observations are spot on!

Vermont has never had a permit; so Vermont residents are "up a creek" wihen it comes to carrying in other states. Those folks have to invest in a pocketful of out-of-state permits from other states.

When AK, AZ, and WY went to Constitutional Carry, they all kept their carry permits precisely so that their residents would have some recognition/reciprocity with other states. By the way, the AZ out-of-state permit will give you the most additional states with the least cost and hassle, and it does not require a photograph!

Wyoming is not "full" Constitutional Carry. For non-residents, they must still have a carry permit Wyoming recognizes.

Montana is "partial" Constitutional Carry. Outside of cities and towns, no permit is required. Inside cities and towns, the carry permit is required. Legislation to make Montana full Constitutional Carry was vetoed by the Governor. It may take a few trys to make it happen.

Constitutional Carry, like Right To Carry, will be a messy, convoluted, and lengthy process, but, in my opinion, it is the best, because it keeps the Feds out of it. Lord knows, the last thing the Federal Government needs is more power to corrupt!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Thanks, Guy. Means a lot coming from you, my friend!

Well-deserved. It's easy for folks to simply whine about the inadequacies in the system or about laws with which they disagree. Instead, you're being proactive and involved, all while representing responsible gun owners in a very positive light. Congratulations.

Guy

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    So far, I have only done private sales with people I have known for years and that I know are not criminals. Where a handgun is involved, I have the weapon transferred by a FFL holder. If I were to sell to a person unknown to me I would get the info from their drivers license to document the sale. As far as seeing their LTCH, if they don't CC they wouldn't have need for a LTCH.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    So far, I have only done private sales with people I have known for years and that I know are not criminals. Where a handgun is involved, I have the weapon transferred by a FFL holder. If I were to sell to a person unknown to me I would get the info from their drivers license to document the sale. As far as seeing their LTCH, if they don't CC they wouldn't have need for a LTCH.

And that has to do with Constitutional Carry how?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County

I'm with TF. How does this relate to Constitutional Carry? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seems to me that you're saying that people only need a Larry to conceal carry. If that's your stance, you're misinformed, or spreading misinformation.

The Larry allows for carry either OC or CC, it's not defined. However, it is unfortunate that having a Larry is required to exercise one's rights. IN does not have non-licensed OC.

I'd love to see Constitutional Carry in IN and keeping a Larry only for carry in other states. That Larry should not cost more than a minimal administrative/processing fee ($5?), or retaining use of ones already issued.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom