• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Revolverteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Update:

Here's the latest photos of my 3rd prototype machine gun dress up kit stock for the Ruger 10/22.

No modifications of any kind are done to the Ruger 10/22 receiver. It is still factory stock.

3rd prototype, (2nd water cooled prototype) that also quick changes to an air cooled model in just a few seconds. All that's left to do is to fabricate the sights like I did on the last 2nd prototype and fabricate the tripod mount attachment piece for fitting to a standard camera tripod, drill, tap and install the drain plug and hose, get all the aluminum anodized and attach a crank fire trigger attachment to the trigger guard so it can be crank fired like a Gatling. And then get my production line set up. I got several quotes from machine shops for quantities on the parts, and it was just too much. There are actually quite a few parts. And I don't want the hassle of having these made over seas, with shipping and not being able to be there to see and fix any production mistakes. So I have decided to set up my own production line to make these myself in small production lots. Still will be a little while before they are in production, but getting there little by little. All the end user will have to do is get their factory standard stainless steel tapered barrel end threaded to 1/2 x 28 tpi at a local machine shop. I can make the kit easily work with an .092 bull barrel too, by machining the faux receiver front plate a little differently for the bull barrel.

With 50 rd MWG mag in gun.
    2111168750099763970S600x600Q85.jpg

With 25 rd Tactical Innovations mag in gun
    2233304230099763970S600x600Q85.jpg

Quick changed to an air cooled model. Pic taken before I drilled & tapped & added hex button screws to the top cover also before I rounded ejection port ends.

2137882390099763970S600x600Q85.jpg

Revolverteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    VIDEO VIDEO.....:popcorn:

No video of this 3rd prototype available yet, but here's some video of the 1st and 2nd prototypes firing and the 3rd prototype will fire the same way......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFkGUC7Bo5U]YouTube - World's First watercooled Ruger 10/22 dress up kit prototype[/ame]

Revolverteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    looks good, you need to make a linkage to pull the trigger from you hndles and mount on a turret

Thanks.
    If you'll re-read my initial post, you will see that I said I still need to ATTACH A CRANKFIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR TO THE TRIGGER GUARD and therefore wouldn't be able to fit trigger linkages you mentioned if a crankfire trigger activator was taking up all the space inside the trigger guard. In that same initial post I also said I still needed to fabricate the mount to MOUNT IT TO A CAMERA TRIPOD, so I WILL be mounting it to a turret.....a camera tripod turret.

Last edited:

Revolverteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    When do you think you'll have prices set and be selling your actual production run kits to convert 10/22s to your look like your prototypes?

No eta yet. Still have to finish this last prototype and get a couple more tools to set up my production line. I won't be converting 10/22's, I'll just be selling the stock so the end user can put their UNCONVERTED 10/22 into it. Nothing regarding the Ruger 10/22 receiver is modified or converted in any way. You can take it out of my dress up kit and put it right back into a standard factory Ruger stock if wanted.

Revolverteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Thanks for all the good and supportive reactions fellas.
    It helps to know that people like it when I am thinking of eventually marketing it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom