• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    probably won't be long. My girlfriend's father is in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. Almost everytime he calls he tells us of mortar attacks on the FOB. I hope it doesn't get any worse while he's there. or while any Americans are there for that matter.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    probably won't be long. My girlfriend's father is in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. Almost everytime he calls he tells us of mortar attacks on the FOB. I hope it doesn't get any worse while he's there. or while any Americans are there for that matter.
    I agree, won't be long.

I hope your girlfriend's dad gets out before it really hits the fan.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    "Until after the Election." Same as with everything else that can make Obama look bad, and can be postponed.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    This is an easy one. The Afghanistan government will fall withing a year. ISIS will probably take over their too.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The Brits have packed up and gone home and the last USMC detachment is on their way, too. No doubt we'll be keeping "non-combat" troops there for awhile, for "training" and such. Anyone taking bets on how long it will be till the Taliban are back in power?

Britain ends combat role in Afghanistan, last US Marines hand over base | Reuters
    Reminds me of a book I read called Good Night Siagon. Your right about it's not going to be long before this country goes by the wayside too. :rolleyes:

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    My response is simple... who cares? It is LONG past time when we should be "nation building." We should be focusing that time, money, and manpower on our own country... ya know.... infrastructure and all... We aren't the world's police force, and we are a fading superpower.. back off the rest of the world, clean up our OWN **** back home, and come back even stronger.. It's actually pretty simple... but, oil.. err, i mean terrorism and all...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom